People who are authorized user but not the account holder...please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Jul 11, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

As an authorized user can you purchase the iPhone at the Apple store or can you only purchase it through an ATT store?

When I put myself as an authorized user on my brothers account (Im on his family plan) it states "Authorized User can make changes to an account at an ATT Store" but Im sure thats just a generic statement on their part.

Can I make changes to the account at an Apple Store if I am an authorized user?

2. bigbrass93 macrumors newbie

3. werkedm3 macrumors member

They wouldn't let me do it at the apple store today, so no. But it sounds like some people got lucky.

4. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

Has anyone had luck doing this at the Apple store? ATT looks like it wont have stock for a while.

5. harodude macrumors regular

Well, on friday , my family got iPhones with the account primary with us. This was at an ATT store.

Then, on sunday, my brother as an "Authorized User" went into the apple store, and purchased a white 16 gb. with no issues!

6. cvong macrumors newbie

worked for me

I didn't realize that I had to be authorized in order to purchase the iPhone and my dad is the account holder. They told me that I had to tell my dad to call AT&T to authorize me. After that was done, I was able to get the iPhone on opening day at the Apple store in Boston.

7. S Brake macrumors regular

I was added as an authorized user and the ATT rep told me that I would be able to do anything from the Apple store as well.

8. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Yes you can purchase at the Apple store being an authorized user, I had my a friend do this for me, I authorized him on my account.

You just need the account holders last 4 digits of their SSN, credit card, and an ID and you're good!