People who are obsessed with when their iPhone's will come..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tom2893, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

CHILL - Tbf, the best bit about getting the iPhone 5 is the few days leading up to it and unboxing. Few hours later at the end of the day it's just your phone and you'll be thinking about the 5S.

2. leenak macrumors 68020

People who are obsessed about people who are obsessed about when their iPhone's will come.... Chill :)

3. Tom2893 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tom2893

Just a minor observation

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be very attached to her for a while. My girlfriend is convinced she's not going to have a sex life for about a month starting on Friday (though I assured her that won't happen ;D).

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

^lies

although I'd be more realistic with maybe a week.

6. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

Pffht, some of you guys here don't even know what obsession is, you weren't here in the early 2000's for things like the iWalk.

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Fine, I'll show you.

8. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

DO NOT WANT!!!!

Unless your GF is hot. Kidding of course.

9. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Lol, no, the attached screenshot is what I meant! XD

Attached Files:

10. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Hahah. I believed you about your GF saying that. I just meant lying about actually neglecting the GF.

11. chris566 macrumors regular

So, it's a crime to get excited about an awesome product that will be a part of my day to day life over the next two years? Guilty as charged. Some people are stoked. Deal with it. :cool:

12. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No, because I wouldn't neglect her from that. Ahaha. I think I might give that screenshot and the topic it's own thread in a bit. Have the title be something like "Does your significant other worry about your giving your iPhone 5 or other device more attention than him/her?"

13. morecowbell macrumors member

Just don't do what I did last time...

When the 4s came, I was so excited for the phone. I wanted to use it all day. But I knew my parents would be all over like they usually are...just nagging...nagging...nagging...

-Take out the garbage
    -Take a shower
    -Sweep the garage
    -Clean your room
    -Get a job...

I knew it they'd drive me crazy while I was playing with my sweet deliciousness. So...I came up with what I thought was an ingenious plan...

I put half a bottle of Visine into a Poland Spring bottle and drank it, hoping that i'd be stuck with Diahrea...that my parents could both smell and hear...and they wouldn't nag me for sitting around and playing with my phone.

Long story short...I wound up in the hospital for 3 days with severe dehyradration and partially lacerated colon...and the Irony is...you aren't allowed to turn on a cell phone in the hospital because of sensitive medical equipment.

Let this be a lesson to ya'all.

14. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

meh... I say live and let live.... although I would never stand in a line for a product, I did get up at 3am to place a pre-order so I certainly cannot criticize anyone. I don't obsess over the shipping, I pretty much set it and forget it when it comes to placing the order.... But I have been perusing tech sites looking at reviews for the phone and what not.... So again live and let live.

15. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Before I open any new toy i want dedicated time to play with, I take care of things around the house. Make sure the wife is happy. Usually put the kids to bed. This time I need to go to/call AT&T to get an upgrade swap done before I can turn on the phone. :(

16. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Does your significant other worry about you giving your iPhone 5 too much attention?

17. nasa25 macrumors 65816

That's just a normal month of married life.

18. leenak macrumors 68020

Unfortunately, this is probably going to be the 'good time' on the forum for a while. Once the iPhone 5s start arriving, you will only see complaints for the next month.

Then things will start to even out a little bit and eventually back to normal until next year's release.

19. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Eh, I don't know about that one. My girlfriend really, really likes sex. xD

No, no. There's also the iPad mini release. Then I'm sure Mac releases. Then everyone will be getting new devices for the holiday season. Then the 4th gen iPad. Haha.

20. onepremiere macrumors regular

i am waiting for a video of someone walking out with a new iphone 5, teeing up and driving that thing with a 3 wood, like hes at the us open.

(similar to the guy who smashed the PS3 in New York at that release)

21. leenak macrumors 68020

Well I meant on the iPhone portion of the forum :) They'll take moments from obsessing about their iPad mini purchases to complain about something about the iPhone.