People who buy original iPad mini on eBay etc - unhappy customers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shortcrust, Oct 22, 2015.

1. shortcrust macrumors 6502

I've just replaced my iPad mini and plan to sell on eBay. I'm amazed that they fetch the price they do. I consider it to almost unusable (running ios9) and can't imagine people being happy with their purchase. I wonder if the prices are driven up by people who just think that an iPad is an iPad. I don't want the hassle of dealing with complaints. Any thoughts?

2. DavesIknow macrumors member

DavesIknow

sell it locally on craigslist so there is no confusion and no returns :)

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I've upgrade my daughter's iPad Mini (1st gen) to iOS 9 - not found it unusable myself - maybe others are just as happy with it

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

What's "unusable" to some is perfectly fine to others. For many people owning an iPad of any kind is quite a luxury. Haven't you ever heard the saying, "one man's trash is another man's treasure"?

5. newellj macrumors 601

OP, I share your concern, but I think JoeBlow has diagnosed things correctly.

6. shortcrust thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm glad I'm not the only one to stress about stuff like that. I guess we're not cut out for hard sales work. I'm sure JoeBlow's right. I'll have to fight the urge to say "it's a bit rubbish really" in the listing.

7. newellj macrumors 601

Definitely, you are not. I always worry about people who get a sudden case of buyer's remorse. However, other than a few outright thieves I've run across over the last 17 years on eBay, most people follow through and, frankly, an awful lot of eBay buyers really don't take the time to educate themselves (which is too bad).

8. shortcrust thread starter macrumors 6502

Thought I'd revisit this. I sold the iPad on ebay and the buyer was happy with their purchase. I guess joeblow7777 is right! After all fees and costs I ended up with £120.