People who just got their iPhones, did you have to sign for it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bacong, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I ask because I'll be getting mine Monday. Unfortunately, I won't be home as I have a funeral to attend :(

Do you think they'll just leave it on my porch? I don't mind if they do, they've done it numerous times before and I trust my neighbors, as I've been living here for almost 20 years.

So, did some of you just get home and find your phone on your doorstep? If it matters, I bought from AT&T.

2. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Yes I had to sign (delivery from Fedex).

You can pre-sign your package online if it's not too late and they will leave it at your door step, you do the pre-sign on the website.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Mine came from Apple via UPS and I did not have to sign but I have had the same driver for many years and he always waits for me after ringing the door bell.

I also noticed on my UPS tracking it lists my last name.

Signed By: Last Name here...

There is a link on your shipment notice from Apple that you can click to priint out a "Release" to post at yoru door. I would suggest that you just ask for it to be given to a specific neighboor since you have been there 20 yrs. The driver will note if he / she gave it to a person vs left at the door.

Dave

4. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

I know you can pre-sign with apple, but like I said I bought from AT&T and they shipped it UPS. Is there a way I can check if it needs a signature? From what I remember something on the tracking page usually notifies you if a signature is required.

5. Stankonia macrumors regular

I didn't have to sign with FedEx, they just left it on my porch. Didn't presign either.

6. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Yea, it had to be signed for... there were specific instructions from apple taped to the box. Mine came VIA UPS

7. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

The official UPS directions are here:

Have a Hassle-Free Delivery

When you track your shipment, you'll know the exact date to expect it. To receive your shipment on the first delivery attempt, choose from these options:

1. Leave a note for your driver asking him to leave your shipment in a safe designated place.

2. If a signature is required, have the shipment delivered to a neighbor who will be available.​
    Source: http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/start/delivery.html?WT.svl=Footer

Dave

8. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Didn't have to sign via FedEx to my home in NJ.

9. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Yep. And I missed fedEX so I had to go to the facility to pick it up at 5:00pm. Fortunately the facility is only 2 miles from my home.