People who ordered from Verizon's website: APPLECARE+, what are you going to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wurt, Oct 9, 2011.

1. wurt, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

wurt macrumors member

So far, these are the things that I've heard that we can do / will happen for us VZW customers to be able to add applecare+ to our orders:

1) Once we get our phones, we have to take them into an apple store UNOPENED and they will add Applecare+
    src: http://community.vzw.com/t5/iPhone-4S/No-Apple-Care-Option-on-ordering/m-p/689399

2) Same as #1 but we can take them in even after using the phones and they will check if the phone is in good condition, then add applecare+
    src: myself, after calling applecare support

3) VZW will be supplying a toll-free number on the 12th for people add Applecare+
    src: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3362186?start=30&tstart=0

4) We will be able to add applecare+ on the 14th when we call verizon to activate our phones
    src:http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13519165&postcount=26

None of these are confirmed unfortunately, and i've just gotten them from browsing various forums (MR, vzw, apple forums)..

My thoughts.. there's no way in hell I'm going to an apple store on release weekend after ordering the phone online. I'm going to try very hard to convince apple to add applecare to my phone once i get the phone (so i can give them the serial # etc)...

Also wish verizon/apple woudl get their act togethor and sort out this applecare+ mess for us who ordered from the VZW website.. this has been such a hassle and nobody has a clue still.

Feel free to add your findings to this thread.. i hope we get a clear solution that doesn't involve going to a physical store by friday.

Note: this thread is only for people who ordered through verizonwireless.com

2. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I've heard all of those things too and hopefully as we get closer to Friday we will know for sure. I can tell you right now, if the phone comes, the box is getting opened. No way I can drive 25+ minutes away to the mall where the Apple store is knowing I have an iPhone sitting next to me. Not to mention the store is always full at any given time, I can't imagine how bad it will be the week of an iPhone release. I'm hoping Verizon or Apple can do something over the phone, if not then I'll go with SquareTrade.

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I'm still pondering this one myself. I currently have Verizon's extraordinarily overpriced Asurion monthly insurance. The ONLY good thing about it is that it covers losing your phone or having it stolen. But for the high price and high deductible, it's such a ripoff. I'm thinking of going for the + care and just hoping i don't lose my phone. The $849 full cost of the phone is also a ripoff though if I had to replace it myself. Ugh...

4. steve dave macrumors 6502a

Squaretrade apparently. Apple and Verizon really blew it.

5. wurt thread starter macrumors member

6. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Did you really bump this thread? It's okay to bump a thread you need help with and haven't gotten a response on, but it is not okay to bump a thread that A. Has had responses and B. Is not something you need help with instead is a stupid opinion thread.

7. wurt thread starter macrumors member

Really? last i checked this was a discussion forum, and I was merely bringing it back to page 1 instead of it getting buried by the gazillion other posts.

8. wurt thread starter macrumors member

Finally!

hey folks -

Got some good news. I got off the phone with a VZW customer rep and he basically confirmed (with his supervisor) that on the 12th there will be a toll-free number for all vzw customers that ordered an iphone4s before the 31st of october that will allow them to add applecare+ to their phone. He said all the reps got this e-mail this weekend and that all we will need to do is call customer support (800) 922-0204 on wednesday (12th) and they will route us to the toll-free #!

finally a clear answer and this lines up with one of the original sources up above in my OP.

Forgot to add: they added a note to my account that I be adding applecare + on the 12th (i will still need to call, although they offered to call me as well) - i suggest you do the same and call cust rep.. they will give you the same info!