people who went from 6+ to 6s and who did a restore from backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teabonesteak, Sep 27, 2015.

1. teabonesteak macrumors regular

hi mr,

tried searching for this but couldnt find anything.

has anyone who went down screen from 6+ to 6s and did a restore experience formatting issues? here are a few things i am seeing

- cards in wallet extend beyond left and right sides
    - certain apps have text on the right over lapping

i tried resetting all settings w/o any luck. not a big deal, but wondering if it'll be fixed in a future update and if i was the only one.

love the 6s btw, fast, smooth, 3d touch is very nice too.

2. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I did a restore and do not see any of the issues your having. I went from a 6+ to a 6S. Try wiping the phone and restoring again to see if that will fix the issue.

3. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I restored a 6 Plus to the smaller 6s and haven't had any of these issues. It's probably just an iOS 9 bug that will hopefully be sorted out for you soon. Restoring from backups over the years can take a toll of the OS over time (I had been doing it since iPhone OS 1). I was told that at the Genius Bar. A few weeks ago I setup my 6 Plus as a new phone and just said screw it to any save games or other data that wasn't in iCloud. My 6 Plus was a little less buggy after doing that and my 6s has been solid. Only bug I still have is I can't remove any of my damn keyboard shortcuts without them magically reappearing, but I think that's an iCloud sync issue.

4. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

The wallet thing is a known bug on both sizes so, not from this. I doubt other issues are from the hardware, probably minor issues to be fixed. :)

5. teabonesteak thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys. at the end of the day, it's such a step up from the 6+ i had, i love it no matter what. plus, most issues have been cosmetic. i hope all the small stuff gets sorted out with the next ios release.

also, it would be nice if text messages could be backed up separately. id would start fresh if it was capable of that.