People with bumpers...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AceGuy78, May 2, 2012.

1. AceGuy78 macrumors member

AceGuy78

How well does the bumper protect your phone when you drop it? I'm thinking about moving away from the bulky case look and going for a more simplified and slim look. So some feedback on bumpers would be greatly appreciated

Im planning on getting a bumper and applying a backside screen protector to prevent the back from being scratched

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

What bumper were you looking at? I have one of the aluminum style ones and I think it would protect it well if dropped.

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I have the regular bumper that I've been using for about 6 months now and have had no damage to my phone from drops.

It does however scratch the bezel a bit (light scratches though) and can leave marks on it.

4. AceGuy78 thread starter macrumors member

AceGuy78

5. App King macrumors member

6. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I've been thinking about doing this also but after having a look at these videos, I changed my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRE78FaWO6M&feature=relmfu

7. AceGuy78 thread starter macrumors member

AceGuy78

If I'm ever 22feet from the ground I'm positive my iPhone won't be falling lol.. but it seemed to hold up pretty well from the lower heights... i normally don't drop my phone so that video only convinced me

8. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I've had a bumper exclusively on my phone (both aluminum and the Apple bumper) since the day the iPhone 4 was released. I've dropped it a few times and it's protected it very well - not a scratch on either my 4 or 4S. And I haven't had a screen protector either.

Of course, it all depends on how far the drop is and what it is being dropped on.

9. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I have an aluminum bumper and I dropped my iPhone recently. :eek: I dropped it about seven feet onto concrete. The bumper took a little dent a few scratches, but it the phone is still in perfect condition.

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Im using element case vapor comp, its aluminum bumper. But it is pricey. Never dropped my phone;)

11. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

The bumper protects the phone from drops because the bumper is all the ground can ever touch? The only exception is if the ground is really bumpy where a projection could touch the phone even if lying flat.

I've dropped my phone twice and the bumper saved my phone both times.