People with Premier / biz accts getting screwed again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zkaudio, Sep 12, 2012.

1. zkaudio macrumors member

I remember the last 3 iphone launches have forced anyone with a premier or business account to go through the premier site which is a nightmare. Anyone have tips for those of us who the apple site tells "we don't support your account type"

Thx

2. ross71 macrumors newbie

I preordered my 4s on the AT&T site last year. The Apple site crashed for a while and the AT&T site was a cluster too. I tried for about 45 minutes to no avail and decided to go to bed and get back up 2 hours later. Everything was working by then and I did get my order through. Got my phone delivered on launch day with all the other preorders.

3. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I'm in that boat. I've already started pestering our premier rep to get on the stick and get it on our website as soon after order starts as possible.

4. brett429 macrumors member

This might be a stupid question, but how do you know if you have a premiere account? I want to say I ordered from the premiere site when I got the iPhone 4, but that was over two years ago. Do we know if AT&T's premiere site will have the 5 available at midnight?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I ordered from the premier site a bunch of times with no probs.

6. ross71 macrumors newbie

If you have a FAN discount, you will automatically be taken to the premier website when you try to order.

7. brett429 macrumors member

Thank you! I have a FAN discount, so it is a premier account then.

Do we know when pre-orders will begin for AT&T yet? I believe Sprint and Verizon have already announced midnight tonight.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

THis is news to me. I have a Premiere account with a corproate FAN, and have ordered my last two iPhones (4, 4S) on the Apple website with no issues.

9. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

Same here. I ordered my iPhone 4 through apple site and I have a FAN account.

10. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You should check on the Apple site so that you have a backup just in case your Premier AT&T store does not list the iPhone 5 for pre-order. Yes different groups approve different devices to be authorized for order from their group's Premier store. Just hope your account rep is not on vacation and has approved the iPhone 5 to be listed.

There are also different types of accounts with AT&T. Most will allow you to order from AT&T or Apple. For example: if you go to the Apple site and check your upgrade eligibilty and it goes through then you will be able to pre-order from Apple in addition to AT&T even with a FAN discount on your account.

Quick Summary: If you have an IRU account, which means you actually pay the bill even though you are part of a FAN, you should be good to go on the Apple site.

If you have a CRU account were your company pays your bill, you might be able to order from Apple.

Dave

11. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Depends on your account type - at our company we can't order direct at an Apple store OR at an AT&T store. We have to go through our dedicated premier site.

The good news for us is our premier rep believes we'll be good to go as soon as AT&T starts taking orders from the general public.

12. brett429 macrumors member

Interesting, thank you! So having a FAN discount/premier account doesn't necessarily mean you can't buy it through Apple.

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I ordered online without any problem last time.

I don't expect any problems this time, but who knows?

14. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

We do it through the premier store right? I logged in, went to the store, and clicked on the iPhone 5 banner. Though, at the top of the iPhone 5 page, it say "Login or register." Neither of which I can do with a premier account.

15. zkaudio thread starter macrumors member

site is down and once again my guess is they'll screw the premier customers with small biz accounts.

sigh at&t. I never asked to be on this wretched premier website, why can't we just use the regular at&t wireless website... it's great!

16. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Double sigh. :(

17. ejfontenot macrumors 6502

ejfontenot

FAN always gets screwed, ordered through apple. 2 in fact, one for me and one for wife

18. zkaudio thread starter macrumors member

It's so frustrating... there is NOTHING good about being on premier's site... somehow my plan got moved there, i have no fan discount, no company affiliation, i am a business with just family members on the plan... what gives. Every year they prevent me from getting the iphone easily, which i'm willing to do. Apple wont and att.com won't let me purchase... premier site is just "down"

19. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

I have a FAN account.

Got this message from Apple:
    Your current AT&T account is not supported on the Apple Online Store. To complete your iPhone purchase, please contact AT&T or, if this is a business account, your company's telecom manager. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Got a similar message from AT&T.

Ugh... for the last two years I waited in line. This is worse than waiting a night in line, honestly.

20. zkaudio thread starter macrumors member

Yup, every launch, we who pay BIG bills to at&t every month get screwed... I'm probably going to switch carriers over this. The premier system has been screwed for quite awhile now, they clearly have no intention of migrating and cleaning up their data to mimic the normal att.com... which is great btw.

21. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

That's weird.

I have a FAN discount account, and was able to upgrade both my lines through Apple iPhone app no problem. I think that at least those with FAN accounts should be able to use Apple's site. Not sure about those with full Premeir (corporate-paid) accounts, though.

That said, AT&T's pre-order site was sending me to the premier section and then crapping out.

22. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Have Premier account with FAN discount and had no issues whatsoever pre-ordering through Apple's website. I even converted to a Mobile Share plan last week, which was also painless (did it online) and retained my FAN discount automatically... Very sorry to those having issues. =/

23. omizzle macrumors regular

I was able to order from Apple's app... the ATT premier site didn't have iPhone 5 as an option :(

24. zkaudio thread starter macrumors member

I have a small business account that is on premier for some reason, can't order on att.com (just redirects me to premier, which is down) and apple both app and website tell me my account type isn't supported.

Frustrating.

25. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

It's weird because I have a "Premier" account and always get transferred to business services... but my account is neither corporate-paid nor business-related. I just have a lot of phone lines (our entire extended family is on the same account), and use a discount from work.

This sucks. :(