Peoples and their white iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cpt.Oliver, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Cpt.Oliver, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012

Cpt.Oliver macrumors member

Each generation of iPhone I asked myself : " should I get a white or black Iphone " ? White looks gorgeous on Apple website and their marketing poster.

As soon as I see the white iPhone in person ; Apple store, friends, im disapointed and I choose black. Why ? The white color used to make iphone is creamy and yellow-ish, I dont like.

This time around I choose black iPhone 5 and it looks phenomenal ! The blacks look black !

Is their hope someday Apple will made a white iPhone that actually looks white and not " creamy white " ? Or called it " platinum white "

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Apple's white devices always look white to me.

3. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I think it might be time for an eye exam. They look very white to me.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

5. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Just go to Apple website. Click iphone on top, click design. The third pic on the page is the white iphone 5. Compare your white iPhone 5 with the pic. Make your own conclusion and agree your phone is not the same white.

6. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I don't need to go to the Apple website. I owned a white 4S, and I've held the white iPhone 5 (I went Black for the 5, though). They're white...not cream, but white.

7. BeeJee macrumors 6502

My white iPhone doesn't look as white as my white sheets but I can say that its definitely white. Especially if you're not comparing to something else.

8. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Ummm, you realize that the color white is simply a reflection of light in the room. If you are under yellow halogen lights it will appear yellow. Under green fluorescence and it will be green. Under an orange street lamp will make it orange and a black light will make it purple. A promo photo would be using white light.

9. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Thanks getting my point... As much as I would like to love and have a white iPhone, in real life condition the white looks " creamy white". Its a turn off for me.

10. johnny5 macrumors member

I followed your instructions, Capt.Oliver, and it appears that my white iPhone is in fact the same white that is on the Apple website. My conclusion is that your eyes are playing tricks on you.

11. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Which means you have good lighting.

12. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

the phones are white, not bright white...there are different shades of white but the phones are plain ol white...if you are wanting a bright white phone then you will be waiting forever

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

There are many, many varieties of white; some cool, some neutral, and some warm. Next time you're in Home Depot go to the paint department. The OP said that under various lighting condeitions the white phone looks warm. So instead of being condescending, realize that this is a subjective matter and what looks neutral to you looks warm to the OP.

14. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Wow, people sure are being rude to you.

I actually agree, while it does seem to be real white for me, the real white iphone looks nowhere as good as the one online (especially as time goes by) there is a certain elegance missing that's present online (especially when you start noticing the camera and sensor more or when the white beings to get dirty)

I got a white iphone 4 on release day, when nobody had seen it before, and was very disappointed with what it actually looked like compared to what it looked like online. Got a black 4S, then 5 and I'm much more satisfied with them.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me. That said, I always get the black.

16. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

And as far as practicality goes, I feel like the white bezels "crowd" the screen a bit, compared to the black, which just fades away, especially while watching video.

Same thing happened when I went from a white Macbook to a MBP. Even though they both have 13" screens, the MBP's screen looks larger because of the flat, seamless black bezel.

17. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Odd. My new white iPhone 5 looks every bit as pure as my girlfriend's 9ish month old white iPhone 4S.

18. gentlefury macrumors 68030

That's true. But they aren't using all those variations on the iPhone. They are using one, uniform color. White.

19. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I'm pretty sure the white iPhone is white.

Attached Files:

20. KandyKane macrumors 6502

My white iPhone does look slightly creamy in my office, but bright white when I'm in my dining room. That said so does paper, or anything white...
    I just looked around for white stuff to compare, and thought my dock was whiter than my iPad, but it was just the angle of the dock compared to the lamp.

This is a strange thread.

Have you got anything white that you're happy with the 'whiteness' of in different lightings OP?
    I don't think it's possible.

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

No but they cold be using a warmer white. My iPad and iPhone look like neutral white.

Also bear in mind that the white wil look different when view with a black screen vs a colorful screen; the same is true if the screen has warm images or cool images.

22. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I thought this was going to be a question type of thread, like "how do you like your white iPhone", or "have you had any issues with your white iPhone", or, hell, even "Aren't the white iPhones great?"

Instead it was, "I don't like the color of the white iPhone. This is the reason I chose black. Maybe they'll make a phone that looks perfectly white under all lighting conditions."

This should have been on the SNL skit. I'm refraining from adding a -gate to this thread.

23. darngooddesign macrumors G3

That's impossible

24. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I think that was the point.

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The images on Apple website are vector graphics and can't be compared.