Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mason

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Yeah, no mention of iTunes. But it would fit in with a "music" theme, if that is what they are going for, to compliment the iTunes promotion.

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
Pretty long and pointless, if you ask me. The product doesn't show up for a while and isn't emphasized at all until the end. Even if Pepsi does air it, it most likely wouldn't be during the Super Bowl. Advertising is costly during the Super Bowl, so a Super Bowl Ad would convey the message in as short and concise way as possible.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
this ad isn't an american pepsi ad, its meant for europe, there are no plans to air it in the US

edit: i'm also implying it is not the superbowl ad

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
well, the spot is pretty weak, all in all. the cinematography and art direction is good, but there's no point to the commercial. An nobody should ever let Britney sing, but that's for another thread. All in all, I give it a thumbs-down, but that's not to say I'd kick any one of the three out, if you follow me... ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
And pepsi has more than one slot set aside for the superbowl - my guess is we'll see several different ads - it would be silly to run the same one over and over.

D

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
pepsi bought three spots in the super bowl for a total of three minutes so this is probably no the commercial they would use.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
This is just one of the SuperBowl AD's but not the iTunes one.

They showed the whole commerical already today on Fox News.

They said this one has nothing to due with the iTunes sponsored commerical with Apple. Pepsi has another commerical that will go along with the pre SB commerical..which is more Football related.

Pepsi is really going out big this yr.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
If it's editted down to 30 or 60 second add, it could work quite nicely. Three hot babes and one of my all time favorite tunes...I liked it :)

mstecker

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Philadelphia
Oh, that was so lame.

"We will Rock You"? Come on.

It's as if a Pepsi executive saw "A Knight's Tale", and came up with this great idea ...

I hope the iTunes/Pepsi commercials are better

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
this ad isn't an american pepsi ad, its meant for europe, there are no plans to air it in the US

edit: i'm also implying it is not the superbowl ad

As I understand it, Pepsi will be substituting some of the gladiator stuff in markets where the Super Bowl will air but the contest isn't available.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by iMeowbot
As I understand it, Pepsi will be substituting some of the gladiator stuff in markets where the Super Bowl will air but the contest isn't available.
In that case, I'm glad to take the free iTunes instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.