Per order question for AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Sep 1, 2012.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

My girlfriend is eligible for an upgrade and will be per ordering with me, but the names in her parents account, and she will need there information. I'm just wondering all the information she will need to get from her parents example SS number, drivers licenses number. Thanks for the help.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

In-store - she has to have authorization on their account
    Online - Just access to their AT&T account (I think)

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Is she a "authorized user - retail", she can then upgrade.

However, keep in mind that it will automatically delivered to the billing address that is listed on that account, there is no option to choose which address to ship. So in this case, it will most likely be delivered to her parents house. If that's the case, either she needs to be at her parents home when it's delivered or have them be informed that there is a package.

My mom is the main account holder, while I'm the authorized user. I can pretty much do anything like pre-order, and make changes to the account (i.e changing plans).

The above method may work if she can log into her parents account online (may need permission).

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Only thing an authorized user cannot do is start new contracts.

5. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

She's not an authorized but we'd be ordering from apple online store. She can get there account information, is that all she would need.

6. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

Or cancel lines.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

So to answer your question on the OP, yes she would need her parents last 4, the billing zipcode, billing password (if they have one), and the wireless number that she's going to upgrade.

8. longhorns172006 macrumors member

longhorns172006

Just curious how pre-order is on the AT&T website? Better than apple website?

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I believe AT&T has less iPhones on call than Apple. I remember preorders sold out the first day at my local AT&T store but Apple had tons through the weekend.

10. SR71 macrumors 68000

For pre-ordering on the Apple Online Store, you need your mobile number, the last 4 digits of the account holders SSN, the billing zip code, and the billing password. That's it.