Percentage of iPhone 4S battery drain per 8 hours in the airplane mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FrankHahn, Jun 30, 2012.

?

What is the percentage of your iPhone 4S battery drain in 8 hrs in the airplane mode?

1. Less than 2%.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Greater than 2%, but less than 5%.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Greater than 5%, but less than 10%.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Greater than 10%, but less than 20%.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Greater than 20%.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. FrankHahn, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Because I have found that the battery of my new iPhone 4S went down more than 20% within 8 hours overnight while it was in the airplane mode with only the alarm clock app running in the background. During this period of time, the phone was never disturbed since I was in sleep and nobody else could touch my phone.

Please take the poll with the percentage converted to the 8 hour period. For the data to be accurate, please report the percentage with the phone not used except for one or a few small apps running in the background (such as an alarm clock).

Thank you for taking this poll!

2. Jbone31 macrumors newbie

Mine has dropped 30 percent in just over two hours with all apps closed and leaving it in "standby" mode. Airplane mode was not on but still that's way too much.
    Tell me on yours, have you checked to see of the standby time and usage time are different or exactly the same?

3. topocalypse macrumors member

That is disturbing. My 4s drains less than 5% when standby in airplane mode for 8 hours definitely. But when wifi 3G gps and all others are on, it could drain more than 25% when standby for 8 hours. Thus I concluded that radios use so much energy and iPhone poorly manages it, worst than my 3GS.