Perhaps a way to check if your AT&T order will get to you on the 24th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CombatChuk, Jun 16, 2010.

1. CombatChuk macrumors member

Yesterday I checked my order status on two iphone 4 I ordered and each one said "1 QTY" ordered and backordered. I checked this morning and now it doesn't show it as backordered anymore... Anyone else finding this too that ordered from AT&T? I didn't go through the premier site, just the regular one.

2. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Yeah, 1 QTY Ordered here. No back ordered marked

3. LLL1424 macrumors 6502

LLL1424

i dont know what that back-ordered message means. i got my phone fairly early (6:30am) at the att premier site........and its showing back-ordered. i hope it doesnt mean i wont get it on the 24th.......:(

4. CombatChuk thread starter macrumors member

I ordered it at 4:30am MDT... I do have a FAN discount to apply but I was going to do that after I activated the phones.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Mine shows backordered as well and I ordered through Premier. I remember it did the same last year for the Premier people but they still received it on release day, so I wouldn't worry. It's just 2 different systems and they update differently.

6. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

I hope this means we'll get them on the 24th or 25th. I ordered mine at 2:45 Central Time, and it says 1QTY ordered :cool:

7. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

All of mine are showing no backorder... it all depended when att store entered your info if they took it by hand, and I'm hearing reports that premier orders might have been done last so are not for 6/24 delivery... just a buzz going around though, who knows the truth to it.

8. mikee336 macrumors member

I Highly doubt this has anything to with when you will be receiving your phone as I pre-ordered mine at 4:15am at the AT&T premier site. I had two seperate transactions one for my phone and one for my girlfriends phone. Both transactions went through and went into processed immediately after I placed my order and I received my confirmation emails at 4:25am. I was charged full price for both phones within 20 minutes of completing the transactions. I am still in backordered state and I can't see how I wouldnt be among the first to get mine when Mine was one of the more flawless upgrades.

9. theclueless macrumors member

ordered yesterday 11am, order status showed up 2am today

Date Ordered: 06/16/10
    QTY Ordered: 1
    QTY Back-Ordered: 0

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I don't think this has anything to do with shipping, I pre-ordered at 5:40 a.m and mine all show back ordered. I had no issues the entire time on AT&T, got my email confirmation, confirmed order with a rep.

No reason an order placed hours later would ship ahead of those placed first thing in the morning, especially since they say it's a first come first serve system.

11. Centient macrumors 6502

Had the exact same thing happen to me. Back-ordered, then not back-ordered a couple of hours later. Ordered through AT&T online as well at about 5:15pm EST.

Though I've noticed that on the order status page some people show an order date of 6/15/10 whereas others, like myself, show a 6/16/10 order date.

12. mikee336 macrumors member

Anyone stopped to think that the way it would actually work is the ones whose phones say backordered quantity 1 will be the first fulfilled because that "backordered" phone is actually our personal phone waiting in que? lol

13. CombatChuk thread starter macrumors member

Mine doesn't show backordered and the order date shows up as 6/15/10

14. jameskohn macrumors 6502

AT&T "ships on or after June 24th"

I was able to get my order in yesterday before noon (Eastern time) at a local AT&T store, several hours before the delivery date slipped into July. Still, my confirmation says it will SHIP on or after June 24th. I'm wondering what that means for me, as I was under the impression that initial preorders would be RECEIVED on the 24th. Anybody have any insight on this?

15. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

I ordered mine premier yesterday at 9AM central and I still can't see a detailed order status on the ATT site. All I can see is that the order is "processing" on the premier order status site. What gives? I've tried both wireless number and order number on att status page.:confused:

16. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Mine is the same way. Order number shows up just fine on the Business Order Status site, but doesn't show up at all on the regular Order Status. In fact, when I search for my order on the regular order status site with my wireless number, it still shows my 3GS order from 06/09/09, ha!

17. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

nice:cool:. hopefully this will all get figured out in the next few days.

18. awestruck macrumors regular

Yep, mine says ordered and qty 1. This is how it looks:

Attached Files:

19. seafinch macrumors newbie

It's interesting that yours says "ordered" but has an order date of June 16th.

Mine says "backordered" but has an order date of June 15th.

20. awestruck macrumors regular

I preordered it yesterday, and the email says any orders made after 4PM Central would be processed today. I placed my order at 6PM.

21. swoop007 macrumors newbie

Where are you checking the order status? is this on att's website or apples?

22. awestruck macrumors regular

Att's.

23. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Yeah, this is what mine looks like. I ordered on 6/15 just before 2PM EST and received my confirmation email at 2PM EST. My date of order on the ATT site says ordered 6/16 though and no backordered, just like the above shot.

So, do all of you backordered folks show an order date of 6/15?

24. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Mine does, ordered 5:40 am 6/15 and shows back ordered. I talked to a rep who said that status at this point is irrelevant.

25. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

It really is to be honest. Tuesday or Wednesday will tell the real story when the order status says shipped or not.