Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
I use this feature at least 5x a day on my iPhone 6 and to get to it it's buried a few clicks in on the Settings screen.

Anyone know a way to get an icon shortcut to this feature right on my iPhone 6 home screen? Would save me a lot of time/effort.

Thanks.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Home screen would be impossible. Notification Center? There are some apps providing launchers. One swipe and one tap. But I am not sure if it can set system functions as launcher.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Home screen would be impossible. Notification Center? There are some apps providing launchers. One swipe and one tap. But I am not sure if it can set system functions as launcher.

Yeah, it works in a launcher app I use off the widget screen, but I'm trying to find a way to make a shortcut on the Home screen if at all possible. Many times when I need to launch the Personal Hotspot I've got the phone unlocked and it's a pain to swipe right, scroll all the way down, and tap the shortcut.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yeah, it works in a launcher app I use off the widget screen, but I'm trying to find a way to make a shortcut on the Home screen if at all possible. Many times when I need to launch the Personal Hotspot I've got the phone unlocked and it's a pain to swipe right, scroll all the way down, and tap the shortcut.
Jailbreak is your best bet...
actually, if CC could be customized your issue could be partly solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.