Personal Hotspot usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by giancarlo007, Oct 28, 2012.

1. giancarlo007 macrumors member

I saw a screenshot on here not too long ago, that would show your Personal Hotspot usage, I've been trying to find it under almost all of the Settings screens but can't find it! I thought it would be under Cellular network usage, but is not. Where can I find it??

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

3. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

It's in the settings under usage and then cellular usage.

Attached Files:

4. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Unfortunately that doesn't always appear. I've only ever seen it mention tether data once on my Verizon iP5, and it hasn't done it again since. I'm tethering right now, and it's not there.

5. giancarlo007 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Mr Hill! That's exactly what I was looking for. But like aurora mentioned I can't see it! I wonder what's the reason behind it or if could be a glitch. I've tethered several times and never appears for me. ...

I'm with AT&T on an iP5

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I'm pretty sure that's an option tied to the carrier file because if I use my O2 sim that has 1gb of data a month it shows up where as my three sim with unlimited data for both it doesn't show.

7. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

It could be that AT&T doesn't show data types separately. I'm on AT&T and although I have tether, I haven't used it yet. (I dropped an Unlimited data plan two weeks ago and tether wasn't allowed without being charged extra $ monthly. New plan includes it.)

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I'm on AT&T with tethering and I also don't see the usage. I also just tethered yesterday.

9. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

O2 uses a separate APN for tethering, so I think that's why an iPhone using their SIM would show it, but a Three SIM would not.