Personal Hotspot Verizon iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nascars321, Sep 26, 2012.

1. nascars321 macrumors member

I just now see the personal hotspot feature has been activated. I am not on a shared plan or have the hotspot feature added to my account. I did remove my sim and put it back in and it showed up. Was this because of the FCC 700 MHz c block ruling? I don't want to use it without knowing more.

2. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

not activated on mine still waiting on the jailbreak

3. tommyleeh macrumors newbie

Not functional

It won't work. I noticed the same thing. If you try to turn it on, watch the hotspot option disappear (at least that's what happened to me).

4. nascars321 thread starter macrumors member

Mine doesn't. It let me change the password and everything.

5. Mgf95 macrumors newbie

From my understanding, if your on a tiered data plan then he's you can tether because of the FCC basically saying that you already pay for X GB of data and you can use it anyway you want. But if your on unlimited data then you'd have to pay to tether. Not 100% sure on this because I'm on a share everything plan so tethering is included.

6. nascars321 thread starter macrumors member

I will use it and see what happens. Will keep you guys posted.

7. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I added a line with a 2GB old plan. My understanding is that it falls under the FCC ruling. But the hotspot option says I need to call Verizon. Trying to add it on the website it wants to charge me an extra $20.

Shouldn't this be free? Has anyone been able to get free tethering from Verizon?

8. dnelms macrumors regular

dnelms

I do not even have an option to turn on the hotspot. Am on Verizion and have a shared data plan with my wife. Need this to work. We got to go to the Verizion store in the morning, hoping hey can tell me what is going on.

EDIT : finally found it!