Personal Thoughts/Concerns regarding iOS 6 and Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JS82712, Sep 18, 2012.

1. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

With iOS 6 launch on the horizon, I'd like to point out some of the things apple is doing this year that totally deviates from its past behaviours...

1. App store and iTunes store are still buggy (some buttons still do not work...really apple, how hard is this? )

2. Very little apps are optimized for the new iPhone 5, and very little trace of iOS 6 optimized apps showing up.

3. Passbook? Surely there should be at least a dozen company/stores that take advantages of this by now? nope.

4. Maps: Why release something if it's not ready? I understand apple's urge to remove google from its devices, but at the expense of your customers' user experience and convenience? that's taking it a little too far.

5. Battery drain on 4S, yes, I've seen way too many reports of the GM draining battery, including my own; If apple has the time to add useless animations on the volume slider in the music app, they should dedicate more time to optimize performance on 'older' devices.

6. Auto-brightness: why is it that the new auto-brghtness setting shoot up my brightness to maximum in almost every situation? Why 'fix' something that was never broken in the first place?

Those are my major concerns with iOS 6 and I hope apple takes the time to address them, sooner, rather than later.
    And no, with the amount of cash they have, there's no excuse that 'they need more time, resources...etc'

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Thanks for sharing.

3. JS82712 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JS82712

and thanks for your insightful comment and your great investment of time. :rolleyes:

4. Mercennarius macrumors member

I just hope google maps is going to be in the app store

5. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I heard many say that their 4S had improved battery life with iOS6.

I wasn't going to update my 4S tomorrow because I wanted to keep my jailbreak, but at the same time I want to experience the iOS that all the people with the new 5 are experiencing.

Hmm.