Pet horror story involving iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RocketRed, Feb 19, 2012.

1. RocketRed, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

RocketRed macrumors 6502a

I added too much kitty litter 3 days ago and I didn't rake the litter in the litter box even, so it's bumpy and like a hill.

My cat ended up stepping on his own poo after he was done and I didn't realize it until I went to the toilet to bury his poo (his front paws are declawed so he rarely buries his poo and I didn't declaw him, he came like that when I adopted him).

So once I bury his poo (I can smell it from the living room so I know when he finishes pooing), i noticed the walls are full of tiny chunks of brown spots and I realized my cat must've flicked his feet which causes debris of cat poo all over the walls. I clean up the walls which takes a good 10 minutes.

I quickly run to the living room to grab my cat and wash his feet in the sink, only to find him sitting on my macbook air keyboard. I look at my iPhone 4s which is being charged and my cat left a small piece of poo on my iphone screen. The white usb charging cable is stained and I decided to just throw it away instead of cleaning it. Luckily I have 2 spare charging cables.

In the end I soaked my cat's feet in warm water (which ended up with scars on my left wrist, caused by his bottom feet which isn't declawed) and the poo under his feet became solid and stopped staining. He later sat on the carpet and cleaned it off himself.

I am so glad I put a screen protector on the phone, and a moshi keyboard guard on my MBA.

I quickly disinfected my phone's screen with alcohol wipes.

So the lesson that I learnt is to always leave my MBA computer lid closed instead opened, have the iPhone in my pocket at all times and always rake the litter box flat.

/blogrumors

Does anyone else have any pet stories involving their iPhones?

*edit*

In case anyone was wondering, when I wiped the piece of poo on my iPhone (the size of my pink finger tip), it did leave a bit of stain so I used alcoholic wipes to remove the stain on my matte screen protector and to kill any germs/bacteria the poo might leave behind. It doesn't have any poo smell but it sucks knowing my iPhone is "blessed" by my cat. I think I will change screen protectors soon.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

this is why dogs are better then cats!

[​IMG]

but not on your 4S! ;)

3. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Lol not yet. But I could imagine this happening to my iPad lol. My dog often gets some urine on her feet after using the pee pad and always jumps on the couch w me so I could imagine her getting her dirty paws on my iPad screen if I don't put cover on it lol.

4. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

[​IMG]

5. cynics macrumors G3

Wow the iPhone 5 really needs to hurry up! We are completely out of news!

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Cat Sh!+ flung onto the walls & left to dry up in ur cats paws so it "no longer stains".. A chunk of it left on ur iPhone screen, smelling it from the living room is being ur cue to go bury "it"?!? And the cat cleaning the rest of it up himself on the living room floor?

This is the most disgusting post I've ever read!

I love animals, and I've HAD many cats growing up. But u can have the cat hair and dirty litter boxes. It's just gross.

And after all the cleanup u did, how bad could the charger cable have been that u would have to throw it out?? Pretty bad I assume! Ewww!

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Now wishing I hadn't clicked into this post.....

8. RocketRed thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well the cat I adopted is 8 years old (he's half way there) and he never buries his own poo, which i suspect is due to a habit he developed from being declawed. Other sources I've read claims he simply wants to show his "ownership" of my bathroom.

The stain was pretty evident on the white usb cable, i didn't think twice to save it. I would've taken pictures to illustrate my story, but I was a little pissed off to consider taking pictures and posting about it on here. Cat's HATE water :mad:

The iPhone ... well. It's not like it's malfunctioning. It is merely cosmetic/paranoia. Once I get that new screen protector, my iPhone is "pure" again.

9. 808? macrumors 6502a

10. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

11. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

That's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back...

Attached Files:

12. RocketRed thread starter macrumors 6502a

I meant to say I took my cat to the bathroom, i closed the door and filled the sink with warm water. Then I soaked my cat's feet in the warm water.

13. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

The horror :O

This is one of the reasons why I just can't fathom having pets lol.

14. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

You chucked out a perfectly good charging cable because it had cat **** on it? Hard plastic & rubber can't get 'stained' like clothes and linen can. I'd have just wiped it off...

15. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

I was about to say- because if you put your cat in the toilet to wash it- you deserved everything that happened to you.

I agree. It would take me a while to live it down- but I could do it. That expensive cable?!!?

I'd have taken it with the ***** on it!

16. Arnezie, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  17. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I have two cats, both declawed, and they never do this. If the littler level is uncomfortable to you cats where you have to bury their waste, you need to adjust it. Scoopable litter s also a good option, but one of the first ways cats show displeasure is through their littler habits, so you should really figure out whats going on there.

18. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

19. jltj macrumors member

20. RocketRed thread starter macrumors 6502a

I use this brand called "World's best cat litter". It dries up his urine quickly and doesn't give a bad smell. I notice he rarely buries his poop, but I'll look into what you said. 95% of the time he doesn't bury his poop completely, which gives that "warning signal" that I need to bury it.

As much as I hate the fact that my iPhone has been tainted, I still love my cat!

Attached Files:

21. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Sounds to me like your cat is sick of your idevices and needs more attention lol.

Cats name poopaw?

22. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Why did you think any one would care? It also sounds like your cat has some intestinal issues you should get checked out at the vet.

23. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I got a handful from eBay (Taiwan) for a buck apiece. :p