Pet killing neighbour.. what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-Eat-Flowers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
My neighbour just shot my cat because it was sitting on his windowsill which he said annoyed him. What should I do now? Should I sue him?

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
You should make sure you get all your legal assistance and advice from an Apple-based discussion forum full of complete strangers.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Photos or it didnt happen!?

But seriously...if you are...you came here to ask for advice first INSTEAD of calling the cops...or having them called on YOU for beating the guys head in with various household objects...

I dont know man...did you actually like this cat of yours!?

Though..."shot" could mean lots of things. Is it dead?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
My neighbour just shot my cat because it was sitting on his windowsill which he said annoyed him. What should I do now? Should I sue him?
Shoot him and say it is because he annoyed you tit for tat :p

On a serious note if this happened, Phone police > seek legal advice > sue his ass for everything he is worth (worth a try).

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Call the police- NOW. If this person would do this to a neighbor's pet, how long do you think before he does it to a person?

This is very typical behavior for serial murderers. Get this jackass put in jail before he hurts someone.

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Interesting how a simple hyphen makes all the difference. The OP's title sounded really interesting until I realised he meant "Pet-killing neighbour".

Disc Golfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Forget the cops, if someone shot my cat I would either shoot them dead or set their house on fire with them tied up inside. If I saw it happen I would torture them first.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Forget the cops, if someone shot my cat I would either shoot them dead or set their house on fire with them tied up inside. If I saw it happen I would torture them first.
Well, that's a bit extreme, but yes- I'd be inclined to beat the living s*** out of anyone who did that.

OP- call the police right now. This is nothing to mess with.

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Where exactly is 'Nisqually to Desolation, All Waters Between'? I'd like to make sure I never come anywhere close.

By the way, you haven't just shot someone's cat cos it was sitting on your windowsill have you?

H00513R

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Indiana
I would look into it and file a report. Especially if you live in the city. There are ordinances about firing weapons in town limits. Usually a big no-no!

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Nothing will feel as good as going and knocking on his door and beating the piss out of him. Besides if the animal was on his property its likely he'll just be fined.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
At first, I read the title as "My pet is killing my neighbor....What do I do?"

But uhm, seriously OP. You took the time to create an account and wait for replies while your pet is either losing a lot of blood, or dead already?

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
At first, I read the title as "My pet is killing my neighbor....What do I do?"

But uhm, seriously OP. You took the time to create an account and wait for replies while your pet is either losing a lot of blood, or dead already?
Its a cat, if it was hit with any substantial round it is dead.

I-Eat-Flowers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
thanks for the comments. my neighbour is 81 yrs old and a little barmy so I decided not to call the cops or anything. anyways I'm not sure what I will do when his guide dog pees on my lawn next time...:mad:

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
thanks for the comments. my neighbour is 81 yrs old and a little barmy so I decided not to call the cops or anything. anyways I'm not sure what I will do when his guide dog pees on my lawn next time...:mad:
If this story is real, which I'm starting to have my doubts, call the cops.

H00513R

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Indiana
Don't take it out on the dog. If anything, beat your 81 year old neighbor!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Shoot him and say it is because he annoyed you tit for tat :p
Or, in this case, "hit for cat." ;)

Seriously, OP, I saw your response above, but you should call the police... being 81 is no excuse for discharging a firearm (or even if it was a BB gun or whatever) in a residential neighborhood. I mean, even if you are willing to let your neighbor go for your cat, this is a public safety issue... what happens the next time this person decides it's okay to go shooting around the house?

This person has demonstrated they can't be trusted to have guns in their home... you shouldn't just let it slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.