Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
A thread for pet peeves you have regarding design and features, which might not really be bugs, where moaning about them is a bit petty but you can't help yourself.

I hate that in the notification area, the stock weather widget display the chances of rain every hour even if the chance is <10%. Like there is currently a 2% chance of rain in my area right now, and 2-4% every hour for the rest of the day. Because the font is blue it just gives a depressing rainy feel about the whole day, even though it probably won't rain.

They should just go in steps of 10% and not bother showing these small chances...

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Yep, it shows between 1% on up and that is just plain silly to show a 1% chance of rain. I don't pay attention to that and look below for the chances for the whole day.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 8.46.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 8.46.46 AM.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 81

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Yep, it shows between 1% on up and that is just plain silly to show a 1% chance of rain. I don't pay attention to that and look below for the chances for the whole day.

That's not really Apple's fault. They just feed the data from Weather Channel. They could I suppose parse it and if the number is higher, brighten the color, otherwise keep it darker.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Not really. If they can parse it to colour it differently, by the same token they could strip it out. They get the data from external sources but they can choose what to display and how they display it (just like humidity, etc. etc.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.