Peter Thiel is no longer 'gay' because he supports Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Oct 16, 2016.

1. zin macrumors 6502

Emphasis mine. Can't make this up. Translation: If you don't support Hillary then you don't belong.

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Society is broken, exhibit A being what people desire to have as sexual norms that are not. When someone writes an article with this kind of jibberish, one can only come the conclusion that the writer and those that follow has a mental disorder.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Thiel is obviously as nutty as the candidate he supports.

4. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

If he were supporting Clinton you'd think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

No. I'd still think he was bat guano crazy.

6. thermodynamic, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Also in the article,

Individual people who don't disclose their HIV status, regardless of reason but the disease's statistics are still predominately a GLBT issue, are far more dangerous than any political party except for Hitler or ISIL. /realitycheck /readthearticle

But no worries, tolerance extends to all...

except ex-gays and others that stopped believing the bull... (after all, is "love" giving a partner an STD without telling them in advance. Like HIV. So pass all the marriage laws in favor, most gays still openly call marriage "outdated" and "archaic" and "unevolved" and continue to spread their hate, either as disease or anyone who doesn't look or act the way the "gay majority" dictates - "no fats, no femmes, height/weight proportionate, straight acting", etc...)

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Congratulations! You found an op-ed piece.

It's just one person's opinion.

Try not to make too much of it.

8. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Because he's successful? Envy is a horrible waste of time.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

She never said that. You are assuming that. Perhaps you should remain silent until she states why she believes Thiel is at guano crazy instead of desperately trying to put words in her mouth to prove your point.

BL.

10. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

You posted op-eds in other threads for discussion. What's the problem? We post them for discussion.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

trump will scare you straight. the new slogan.

12. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Only his posts matter though.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    SJWs unite!

13. bradl, Oct 16, 2016

bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And with that, all you have is ad hominem. Sad.

BL.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Feel free to prove your claim.

Show a post where I've quoted an op-ed and used it to paint a picture of the opposition.

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Hey @Snoopy4 - What is the definition of gay as it relates to sexuality? How does a man who enjoys sexual relations with another man not fit that definition.

This is why I think he's crazy. As to his success, I know nothing about him.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Just a general observation ...

We are in the midst of a re-evaluation of what gender and sexuality are. In my opinion, it's entirely possible for a man to engage in homosexual sex without considering himself gay. But the key here is it's up to the individual to describe themselves and their make up, and to come to some agreement about that with their friends, family and lovers. It's a disservice to categorize someone else because they don't fit your definition. And it's certainly not fair to exclude someone simply because they don't agree with you politically.

17. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not playing your game because I didn't do that. I never said or even implied that the author of this piece spoke for the entirety of the opposition.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Perhaps you're unaware that the term "SJW" is sensibly enough being reclaimed from the realm of the pejorative remark, where it somehow fell during one of the recent dark ages. Keep coming back though, SJWs don't mind rational criticism.

Exactly. Maybe if sincere about discussion, then remarking a little more evenhandedly at the outset? Otherwise who knows, someone who reads it as merely a provocative slam might not bother considering it on its merits.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

So in your OP, when you said, "If you don't support Hillary then you don't belong," you must have been speaking only about the author of the op-ed piece, and not applying that to a larger group.

Is that correct?

20. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. You should have posted this originally instead of saying I was trying to broadly paint the opposition. The reason I posted the piece is because of the absurdity of the author in suggesting that Peter Thiel is not gay because he doesn't 'culturally' identify with the author (i.e. supports the opposition).
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    That is correct, which is why the word "Translation:" appears below the quote of the piece in question.

21. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

How indeed? How is a person with a penis and XY chromosomes a women? Progs created this world where definitions--like genders--are fluid and they mean whatever we want them to mean. Embrace it.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This is why I put so little stock in individual op-ed pieces.

It's just one person's opinion which means so little.

But it is a worthy subject, so I'm not complaining about having the opportunity to discuss it.

23. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Gender may be fluid but biological sex is not [the exception being the 0.001 % that are born with partial or full additional sex chromosomes]. Furthermore, there are also those that don't neatly file into any of the orthodox gender categorizations.

Some are now claiming race is fluid, despite there being genetic descriptors [i.e. haplogroups] that are vertically inherited.

24. Snoopy4, Oct 16, 2016

Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

So he's crazy because he's gay?

I don't think you read the article.

25. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

I'm just confused as to how people are somehow shocked that a rich CEO is voting Republican.