Petition says workers shouldn't die to build YOUR iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GarytheiPhonema, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarytheiPhonema macrumors member

GarytheiPhonema

This makes me sad, I LOVE apple and I love the iPhone but lord knows people shouldn't die for us to enjoy iOS. I think everyone should sign this petition. I'll be passing it around Bible study tonight and I think most of you should do the same. I'm thinking of having my kids go door to door to alert neighbors of this tragedy. :mad::apple::mad:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/01/worke...o-apple-can-build-the-iphone-5-petition-says/

God created the human being in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
    Genesis 1.27

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

If you want to be real sad about the human and environment abuse created so you can have your precious iPhone go here: http://phonestory.org/

They actually made an app in the AppStore before but Apple didn't like the bad press and banned it.

You can still download it if you jailbreak though and play it...

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Maybe god created the Chinese workers in his image.

4. mkruck, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

A tragedy?

Really?

A bit over-dramatic, I think. A tsunami killings tens of thousands is a tragedy. Assembly line workers laboring under semi-harsh conditions hardly qualifies as a tragedy.

I'm not sure how the Bible verse is pertinent in this - perhaps we should have cows or giraffes putting together mobile phones?

I think I'll pass on signing a petition.

5. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

If they were being forced to work these jobs then I would be on your side, but they willingly get hired to make money. They don't have to work there if they don't want to.

6. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Are you prepared to abandon your Apple products as well as all of your other electronic devices? Apple isn't any more responsible than any other manufacturer, most use the same facilities that Apple does. If you don't forgoe buying or using electronic devices entirely then you're a hypocrite and you can stuff your "holier than thou" attitude.

7. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Online petitions - with the exception of those on official government sites - are worthless and will not get anything changed at all.

Pass it around at Bible study? I LOL'd :p

8. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

This thread should be posted in the PRSI but the OP doesn't have access to it yet, so closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.