Petition takes off for Electoral Voters of EC to vote for Clinton Dec. 19

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Nov 10, 2016.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-...make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

It's already near a million votes, but that's nothing to sneeze at since it's about 1/5 of the Hillary supporters in California.

A really evil part of me wants Trump to win the popular vote, just to note the reaction of these "popular vote" whiners change in an instant. Their new plan of action, I would guess, would be: "Who cares what the majority of America wanted, not all Americans wanted Trump."

Anyway, faithless electors haven't changed an election IIRC, so we'll see how this works out. Ahh more entertainment until Dec 19 it looks like.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Bed-wetting liberals need to come out from their safe spaces and accept the fact that the Hildebeast not only lost the election, but she lost it decisively.

Maybe next time they won't nominate a colossally dishonest woman under FBI investigation.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Wasn't Trump the one saying the election was rigged, so why isn't it still the case?

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

So you're saying vote for the racist, sexist, bigot instead?

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That is the current GOP motto.

7. werked macrumors regular

werked

Jesus. I am so sick of all this ********. Grow the **** up people. He is the next president. Either get behind him for the good of this country or don't for your own greedy selfish reasons. You think you know someone, until something doesn't go their way....then they act like a damn child that didn't get what the wanted for Christmas. As adults, we should be able to put differences aside and move in together. Before the election the back and forth was kinda fun and made slit of people laugh. Now, it's getting out of hand. Not speaking to anyone in particular here but if you could see some of my social media accounts you'd agree probably agree with me. Hate me because I voted differently from you?? Please. Just find a way to deal with it personally and get over it. Sorry. End rant. I'm just so tired of it.

8. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

This petition just reinforces my perception that some people don't know how this republic works.

9. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

He never said on who's favor :D

Donnie is simply brilliant. :D

10. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

At least a Million of them....

11. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Nice spin ☺️

12. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

This election is actually the reason the Electoral College was created. If a candidate is elected by the popular vote who is unfit to be president, the Electoral College has a mandate to prevent it from happening. Let's see if they do their job.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The EC was put in place partly for a situation like this when the people elect an idiot like Trump the EC can vote for someone sensible. That said I think the unrest from Trump supporters if the EC was to go against their states would be far worse for the country than enduring 4 years of Trump.

14. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

If she's gonna get groped....it will make lot of difference........for her. :D

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Friend of mine who's a member of TX electoral college (yes, I do know one and they are humans!) just received a petition about changing his vote to Clinton.

16. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Truthfully, Change.org is nothing but using AMPS to reach to Trump's ear....but he's gonna shut them down...because it wouldn't make any difference.

17. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Who did they receive it from? If you care to share. If not I understand.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And shouldn't happen. The day that the electoral college isn't merely a symbolic rubber stamping of the peoples' will is the day it should be burned to the ground and destroyed. As much as I hate the idea of Trump as president, there is no way I'd support usurping the will of the people through the EC.

Terrible idea. Just don't tell my wife. She'd head up the local chapter.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I will share these two, removing the sources (note: in TX there is no registered Republican):

Subject: Urgent Electoral Vote
    Message: I encourage you to consider the popular vote when placing your final vote on December 19th. Our nation has come together in the last three days to express their genuine fear and concern for the outcome of this presidency. This has spoken volumes about the power of your vote in this election and its effect on our country. Please do not take lightly the rights and liberties at stake. Our nation was founded on the belief that every human should have certain freedoms. This presidency threatens those freedoms and the fabric of our nation. The people have spoken. It’s your turn to support our nation.

Subject: Texas Elector
    Message: I'm a registered Texas Republican. You are a member of the electoral college. The electoral college was designed to prevent a man like Donald Trump from becoming president. You are constitutionally permitted - and I would argue required - to vote for any other Republican you think is qualified to be president. Deny Trump 270 votes, and let the House pick our next president. Thank You.

21. mikegoldnj macrumors regular

The "will of the people" was that Clinton be the next President. She obtained the most votes.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They can't even make up their lies correctly. Trump didn't even win until well into Wednesday morning. Today is Thursday assuming they got the email today that is not even a full two days.
    The electoral college wasn't designed to keep a man like Donald Trump from becoming President, it was created to keep mob rule out of the equation. Just thinking "out-loud" not directed toward you.

Thank you for sharing.

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

No. Get informed on the reasons of existence of the EC.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

E-L-E-C-T-O-R-A-L
    C-O-L-L-E-G-E
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    The un-informed of both parties does this each time their candidate wins the popular but not the Electoral. I don't know how many times I have had to explain this to people on the right. If people think it's bad now imagine if we just went popular. It would do nothing but speed up the collapse of our Country.