Petition to Apple: All defected iPhone 5's Black or White

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OwenMeasures, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Guys,

I have decided to create a thread in the form of a petition, please could you post photos and details of your damaged iPhones straight out the box, i have spoken to a contact i have in Apple and she is willing to accept this petition and put it forward!

Thanks. :apple:

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Just curious: to what end? Are people NOT getting iPhones replaced by Apple if scuffed/scratched?

FWIW: My black 64GB 5 was scuffed up, and was quickly replaced at the Apple Store with a good one.

3. OwenMeasures thread starter macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

I understand this... its so Apple can see this is a major issue and can be sorted out for future releases and to improve further manufacturing on the current model.

4. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

This is how these issues get blown out of proportion...

5. OwenMeasures thread starter macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

How can i get blown out of proportion? the issue is 100% unacceptable and needs to be rectified, its not as if the issue doesn't exist!!

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

7. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Good luck with the petition. Apple does not listen to consumers and will blame them for a defective product. "Holding it wrong", "It is normal" etc etc.

8. OwenMeasures thread starter macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Its not normal for a Phone to be ding/dented straight out the box... you cant hold it wrong if the phone is damaged before you hold it!

9. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I concur with what you are saying and believe that the phone came scuffed OOB. Just saying that apple will never listen to all this. Best thing is to vote with your wallet.

10. OwenMeasures thread starter macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Still worth a go! better trying than not!

11. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Take your phone back to apple
    There's really no need to start a petition

12. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I understand that many users are receiving some units with scratches and dings. Unfortunately this is the first batch and things like this are bound to happen, it doesn't matter what product you're dealing with.

Last I checked these customers were able to return to their apple stores and exchange the phones with no hassle.

The only thing you're doing now is allowing for clumsy users who scratch, dent, or break their phones to have an idea that they should be entitled to a new product based on other misfortunes.

You're not helping anyone here, there are many threads about this same issue.

The only thing you're doing here is wasting your own time and all of ours.

Sincerely,
    A level headed consumer.

13. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Don't you believe they know how many phones they have had to replace due to scuffs? They keep inventory and they also keep a record of how many phones are exchanged as well as the problem with the phone. It would not take much for them to query their system to tell them how many have been replaced due to scuffs. From there, they can determine if it is too many, or if it is an acceptable amount versus the number of phones that have been manufactured/sold. While it may not make you feel better, it is one of those things that retailers call the cost of doing business. When it exceeds the acceptable number, then they do something. For the consumer, as long as it is replaced, which yours can be, as long as it is replaced, then what is the complaint?

14. 725032 Guest

OP... You've had several replies and not one person is interested in any petition signing.

Time to let this one go... It was a terrible idea

15. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

16. sectime macrumors 6502a

Don't you think Apple has the warranty tracking process down? Sir why are you returning the phone? MY GOD IT HAS SCUFFS AND STUFF!! Ok (checks box)
    here is your replacement phone and thanks for shopping with Apple.:D

17. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Pretty sure they are getting a good idea based on phones that they are REPLACING already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.