Petition to lower down cost of unlimited data(For AT&T Users Only)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nima, Jul 6, 2008.

1. nima macrumors member

nima

Hey everyone I'm willing to start a petition on the price of the data for at&t. I know how some people might think its reasonable but it doesn't fit other peoples budget. Also, with the new iphone coming out, youre going to need to get the unlimited data with it which some people might not even need. This is what they did with last years Iphone by bringing it down to 20$ and including 200 sms not because it was edge network but because you HAD to get it to use your iphone. I'm saying we are Americans and when we are not happy with something we should do something about it!!!:mad:

Reply and sign your name underneath.
    1.Nima Soleimany San Ramon, California

2. Emulsion macrumors 6502

I have a feeling that people are still going to pay the price. It's still lower than other data plans, and you'll have to bring down the whole market for it to work. The price will slowly go down through the years. It is a smartphone afterall.

3. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Nope, sorry. The Data plans for the iPhone are in line with the 3g Data plans for all of AT&T's other smartphones. $30 per month is also about the standard in america between the 4 major carriers for 3g data. Honest to God, stop complaining because the prices are completely fair. iPhone users are just not getting special treatment this time.

If the data plans don't fit your budget, well then don't get an iPhone.

4. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Yeah this isn't going to work. I have no problem paying my extra 50 a month for a sexy iPhone. :apple:

5. nima thread starter macrumors member

nima

Well that might be true but no ones going to be waiting for 2-3 years. Let's just hope competition among other carriers will force the iphones data plan to go down. Let's wait until the iphone killer comes out. But honestly i know this is going to be hard to say but i want everyone on mac rumors whos reading this not to buy an iphone on july 11. Lets boycott the sale of the iphone and hopefully they'll bring down the price for us.

6. Dayron14 macrumors member

7. ScottSFA macrumors member

8. lesliegolf macrumors regular

while I appreciate your passion on this topic, that is just not going to happen or help. As many have said, this pricing is in line with with other ATT phones on 3G.

And, if you think we have it bad, check out the plans in other countries. I bet some people from Canada, Netherlands and Italy would love to have our "problem"

9. nima thread starter macrumors member

nima

listen. you people are being brainwashed. your being led to think that 30$ a month is alright to pay for the data but you know what else you can do with that 30$ a month your paying for your data? you could be feeding a child in africa or saving a dog at the pound or ending world hunger. att is the tyrant here and there just trying to eat whatever greens there is in our wallet. we must end this!!

and guess what there doing?? there also petitioning. I mean seriously i know you think 30$ is fine but we can do better than that!! we can get what we want just by uniting as one!!

10. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

all other smart phones pay the same price for data plans.

if 10 dollars each month really matters that much to you then you can't afford it

11. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I really want a Porsche 911 GT3 RS - some people might think the price is reasonable but it doesn't fit other peoples budget. Lets start a petition to drive the price down to an affordable $20,000!

12. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

no, its not gonna work. at&t wont lower the price of data plans for ALL OF THEIR SMARTPHONES just because one person complains its too much for one particular phone. how old are you anyway, 16?

13. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

14. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

As you can see from the above comments, most people understand the pricing is comparable to the majority of other U.S. carrier's smartphone plans.

There's nothing to petition. You're not getting a raw deal - you're getting the standard deal across the U.S. and as many have pointed out, a better deal than in many other countries.

Also this was attempted almost a month ago using a site designed for petitions.

As you can see, since June 10th there have been a whole 316 people sign the petition. But even with those, many signatures were rejected because they told the petition creator to get a job or a different phone.

Some goods and services come at a premium - those goods may not be for you. You can get a free phone and a pay-as-you-go plan from AT&T which may suit your budget a little better.

15. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

You do realize that AT&T does have to make a profit, and get reimbursed for the $400 subsidy that they paid so that you could have an iPhone at $199, right?

Stop complaining, and get a life. AT&T is not a tyrant. Their network and the data they serve (which is probably 5x more than any other smart phone) does cost them money. If you disagree, fine, don't buy it.

16. The General macrumors 601

17. aethelbert macrumors 601

Sorry, the iPhone can't play in the cheap Special Olympics sphere of pricing anymore. It's time to pay up just like the users of every other smartphone. You already get a deep discount on the cost of the phone itself and you're getting faster data.

Or... if you'd like some great examples of good data pricing, move across the pond. Or you could've been in Canada paying 25CAD/month for 4MB...

18. MojoWill macrumors 6502

2 names?hahahaha

like people keep saying if you can't afford it don't buy it!

19. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Wow a little dramatic here I think. Sure 30 dollars might be expensive but look at the other comments we have a cheap plan in the US compared to other countries. If you can't afford it DON'T BUY IT! Simple as that quit complaining and move on.

20. nima thread starter macrumors member

nima

ok guys after much consideration i thought of this. instead of paying a monthly plan how about just paying a gross sum of money and not paying any monthly fees that means everything you do from calling to using the internet will be free except the phone would cost like 1000$

21. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

That sounds like a great plan.

Can I get that on a payment plan? Say $200 up front and $75 per month?

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why would any company do that? They're in business to make money. They built an infrastructure (and keep improving it) and need subscriber fees to do so. How about just paying for the plan or skipping the iPhone?

23. aosman macrumors 6502

Exactly: stick with a 2G iPhone if 3G is our of your price range. I'm guessing you still get the same price scheme as before.

24. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

Agreed. I think $30/mo is a fair price for unlimited, completely portable internet access. Though it would be nice to have a tethering option w/ the $30 plan... but that's an Apple issue.

25. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the problem is that the iphone is what everyone wants. smart phones used to be catered to buisness individuals who needed the tech. now the iphone has brought that tech to the masses in a sense. technology is always changing and the "pricing plans" need to evolve as well