Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Philips today announced a new line of fixtures and table lamps for its Philips Hue White Ambience bulbs, which are specifically designed to provide users with various hues of white light that can be dimmed or brightened throughout the day. Like with all Philips Hue products, the new fixtures and lamps will be HomeKit-compatible, allowing users to control the lights with an iPhone, iPad, or Siri.

The new products include the Philips Hue White Ambiance Being Flushmount and the Philips Hue White Ambiance Fair fixture, which both have a White Ambience bulb built-in with light output of up to 3,000 lumens. The Fair fixture can be purchased in three different styles including flushmount, semi-flushmount, and suspension, all of which are attached to a ceiling.

philips-hue-wellness-lamp.jpg
The Philips Hue White Ambience Wellness Table Lamp

A few new free-standing table lamps have also been announced, called the Philips Hue White Ambiance Wellner and Wellness table lamps. These come with White Ambience bulbs capable of outputting light at 800 lumens and will fit "with any interior," according to Philips.
Enjoy decorating your kitchen, dining room or bedrooms with the brushed aluminum Philips Hue White Ambiance Being Flushmount or three different styles of the Philips Hue White Ambiance Fair fixture (Flushmount, Semi-flushmount and Suspension). The products have the Philips Hue White Ambiance connected lighting technology built-in and feature powerful light output (up to 3000 lumens).

The Philips Hue White Ambiance Wellner and Wellness table lamps are smartly designed to fit with any interior. They come with a Philips Hue White Ambiance A19 light bulb (800 lumens) for customizable white light to support your daily activities.
After announcing a candle bulb for its main Philips Hue line earlier this year, Philips Hue White Ambience is now also gaining a 40W-equivalent candle bulb with 450 lumens of brightness. Philips said that the candle bulbs are built for ceiling fans, chandeliers, and decorative table lamps, and the new bulb will join the White Ambience line that already includes the A19 bulb, GU10 spot light, and BR30 downlight.

Starting today, anyone interested can pre-order the Philips Hue White Ambience Being Flushmount ($199.99), the Wellness table lamp ($99.99), and the Wellner table lamp ($99.99). The full range of products is expected to begin shipping mid-June, while the candle bulb will be up for pre-order in June and launch in July for $29.99.

Article Link: Philips Hue Announces New White Ambience Table Lamps and Light Fixtures

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
With the launch of the SES candle bulb I don't really see the point of Phillips making Hue table lamps, just use your existing lamps with the new bulbs.

Reactions: Stargher

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Now all we need is the ability to adjust the white color temperature from the Home app. The only option today is with the Hue app and that is by preset. I do not know of any way to specify a color temperate or fine tune the color.

KrispE00

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2016
Now all we need is the ability to adjust the white color temperature from the Home app. The only option today is with the Hue app and that is by preset. I do not know of any way to specify a color temperate or fine tune the color.

3D Touch on the bulb>Color>Edit>Temperature.
Unless you're talking about specific numeric temperature i.e. 4500K, then idk.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA

you can fine tune the temperature with the hue app the same way you can with the hue color bulb.

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003

Maybe you're referring to something else- but you can go to the Home app, long press (or 3d touch) on the light, then there is a "color" button where you can change the color temperature (or hue) of the light. But I guess a shortcut button for it would be nice. At least you can make a widget of the Hue preset and do it that way.

foxcub6

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
you can fine tune the temperature with the hue app the same way you can with the hue color bulb.
On the white ambience bulbs going through the home kit app you can ONLY adjust the brightness with the colour bulbs you can adjust colour and brightness

KrispE00

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2016
Unfortunately, the Phillips Hue website is one of the most confusing product websites I've ever seen. There's not a lot of information about the specifics about these new products. Without the links from MR, I wouldn't even be able to find these new lamps at all. The "bulbs" header doesn't list any of the colored bulbs, just white ones. And what's up with the URL www2. ...?
Anyone else frustrated with this?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Maybe you're referring to something else- but you can go to the Home app, long press (or 3d touch) on the light, then there is a "color" button where you can change the color temperature (or hue) of the light. But I guess a shortcut button for it would be nice. At least you can make a widget of the Hue preset and do it that way.
Are you sure you see that for White Ambiance? Color bulbs maybe but not the white.
[doublepost=1494874229][/doublepost]
You see that on the White Ambiance bulbs? The only option I get is details which has no settings for color temp. I'm not talking about full color bulbs to be clear.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010

I don't know why Philips doesn't allow numeric color temperature. I want the exact number.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Wink app linked to hue is better for fine adjustments. You can change the temperature and it shows you what it is on the app. It's nice to have. I have my kitchen bulbs set to 2500k they march the rest of the track lighting in there. Majority of the others are 2700-3000k around place. A few on scenes for color.
Anybody know when the candelabra one comes out? Does it do flicker style lighting? I know there's third party ones that similate that already but aren't that great.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Wink app linked to hue is better for fine adjustments. You can change the temperature and it shows you what it is on the app. It's nice to have. I have my kitchen bulbs set to 2500k they march the rest of the track lighting in there. Majority of the others are 2700-3000k around place. A few on scenes for color.
Anybody know when the candelabra one comes out? Does it do flicker style lighting? I know there's third party ones that similate that already but aren't that great.
Seems like the candelabra is out in Europe and in the US late this year.

Reactions: x-evil-x

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Which product are you referring to? The 'White Ambience' bulbs are adjustable.

Hmm as far as I know all of their white ambience bulbs can only dim. I remember I bought 2 of them and I could only dim but not change the white color from soft white to the true white color.

mw360

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Hmm as far as I know all of their white ambience bulbs can only dim. I remember I bought 2 of them and I could only dim but not change the white color from soft white to the true white color.

I have a couple of White Ambience bulbs and you can certainly change the colour temp as advertised. You may have the Hue White. If so it's an easy mistake to make. Their naming is very confusing.

Reactions: ke-iron

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
I have a couple of White Ambience bulbs and you can certainly change the colour temp as advertised. You may have the Hue White. If so it's an easy mistake to make. Their naming is very confusing.

Ah thank you for clarifying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.