Philly/ South Jersey - Need an iPhone 5 (white, 32gb At&t)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j.dstasio, Oct 2, 2012.

1. j.dstasio, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

A week or so ago I was looking for a replacement iPhone 5 after returning my 16gb in hopes I could find a 32gb locally. I stopped into Best Buy Mobile hoping they would have one. Of course they didn't, but they offered to put my name & phone number into the system along with my device choice (At&t 32gb, white) and I was told they would contact me when one came in. I got an email and a phone call this afternoon telling me that my iPhone was there and Please pick it up by Thursday, October 04, 2012, to avoid order cancellation.

In the mean time I was able to get a replacement through Apple’s online/ next day pickup system.

I called to see if I could bring someone with me & they could purchase the phone & he said that was fine. So, If anyone is Local to Moorestown, NJ & is in need of a White 32gb At&t iPhone 5, I don't mind helping you out. I'm not looking to resell the phone or make a quick buck, I'm just offering to help out another MR member who is having trouble locating an iP5.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

3. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Lol

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

How did you do a replacement, next day pick up system?

5. j.dstasio thread starter macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

Fixed it for you

6. j.dstasio thread starter macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

On Thursday night I was able to get one reserved on Apple's site & picked it up on Friday at the Walnut Street Apple store in Philly.

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I'm in Philly and would like to exchange my white 16GB for a 32.

When you go to Apple's site and choose a color, model and carrier it then asks you if you want to replace a phone on my account with new iPhone or add or new line to existing account.

All I want to do is exchange?

8. j.dstasio thread starter macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

It wasn't so easy for my exchange as I had hoped. I had to return the 16gb in order to get my upgrade back from AT&T. It took me three days to get another one. I couldn't find any AT&T models anywhere. The whole east coast seemed to be out of stock.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I'm hoping to do a return and then a purchase all in one shot.

What's the process on Apple's site? It's asking me I check eligibility for my AT&T account. I'm not eligible because I upgraded white iPhone 16GB

10. pcgeek12345 macrumors regular

I -almost- got the last 32 GB White in the store on launch day, but I offered to get the White 64 GB instead… STILL got the last one in the store!

What a nice thing for you to do, OP!

11. j.dstasio thread starter macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

Right. The only way you are going to be able to do a straight up exchange is if you get lucky and walk into an apple store that has retail stock available. As of yesterday the Apple stores around here were only selling iPhone 5s to those that had gotten an order placed the night before.

You will have to return your 16gb and rebuy the 32gb.

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

How did you do yours online? You said "In the mean time I was able to get a replacement through Apple’s online/ next day pickup system."

13. j.dstasio thread starter macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I pre-ordered a 16gb and got it on launch day. I returned the iPhone to apple a day or two later. I Tried for a couple days to get one without luck. Reserved one at Best Buy Mobile as a back up option. Managed to get an order through on Apple's website Thursday night. Picked it up on Friday. Got the call today that I had one waiting at Best Buy Mobile.

I was without an iPhone for several days. I used a Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate. I've been using an iPhone since the original launch & last week was painful.

14. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Gotcha!, you were without an iPhone for a couple of days.

I'm all tied up this week and weekend or I would take you up on your offer.