Phone 4S snooz changed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tezarin, Apr 5, 2012.

1. tezarin macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have been using the alarm feature of my iPhone for a long time. When the alarm goes off, all I had to do to make it go quiet for minutes was just to press the sleep button.

Since couple days ago, all of a sudden, pressing the sleep button no longer stop the alarm, instead, there is a red box which reads Snooze appears on the screen so I had to touch that red button to make it stop.

I haven't done anything differently or downloaded any software update. How can I fix this so by pressing the sleep button the alarm temporarily go quiet?

Thanks in advance

2. BurningJah macrumors regular

You can't it an overall change! I have the same thing
    but that doesn't bother me!

You can always use another clock app

3. tezarin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks BurningJah,

Just now, I edited the Alarm and turned off the snooze. Then tested it and set it to beep at 10:07 AM. It did and I pressed the sleep button and it stopped beeping. Then noticed the little clock icon is still next to the battery percentage so apparently it would beep again in minutes.

That's what I wanted to do, now, what did I lose by turning off the snooze feature? Will it make any difference?

Also, please advise on some good alarm apps :)

Thanks

4. cynics macrumors G3

That's the way mine has always been. Except I don't have a sleep button. Just the red snooze and slide to shut it off.

I've only used iOS 5 though.

5. tezarin thread starter macrumors newbie

cynics,

Your phone doesn't have a sleep/wake button at the top? I'm not talking about an on-screen sleep button...

6. cynics macrumors G3

Oh lol! Just tried it. When I press that it has the same action as the snooze button. 10 minute snooze.

The alarm next to the battery % means you have an active alarm. Even if it's a reoccurring alarm that you turned off today but is set for tomorrow at the same time.

As far as other alarm apps I liked sleep cycle but it has to run in the foreground. So I usually just use the stock app.

7. seoway10 macrumors newbie

Should be better!

Even I too feel this change can bring better result!

8. tezarin thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly! But the good thing is you don't have to open your eyes to find the red button on the screen and press it!

So, turning the "snooze" feature off while creationg a new alarm, will not affect the alarm. The red message on the screen won't pop on! Is this right?

Thanks for the info :)

9. cynics macrumors G3

I'll try it and let you know but I'm at work right now so give me an hour or so. Lol

10. tezarin thread starter macrumors newbie

Super, thanks much. You know, I have a nine months old baby, so I put my phone under my pillow so when the alarm goes off, it doesn't wake him up. Then all I had to do was reaching out to the phone under the pillow and press the sleep button.

Now after that red label snooze message took effect, I have to take the loud beeping phone from under my pillow. open my sleepy eyes and find the red message and press it! Not quiet functional for me :)

I appreciate your help

11. cynics macrumors G3

Tried it. If snooze is off and you hit the sleep wake button it shuts off the alarm with no snooze.

12. tezarin thread starter macrumors newbie

Great! Thanks so much :)