Phone is chipped, return to Best Buy mobile or Genius Bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by louis0nfire, Sep 26, 2012.

1. louis0nfire macrumors 6502

I went back to Best Buy that same day, last Friday, when I noticed a chip of metal missing from the bezel. It's actually a chunk missing, not a layer that just flaked off. They said they'd replace it for me next time they get shipment in. Well it's Wednesday and they still haven't gotten one in, and I feel like I'm getting the run-around every day I call to ask.

So I'm just looking for some opinions here. Should I wait on Best Buy or head to the Apple Store today and see if they replace it for me? The only thing is, once I go the Apple Store route, I can't go back to Best Buy and return for any reason; it's Genius Bar from there on out. What would YOU guys do, or what have you done in my situation? Thanks.

2. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

I have a phone on reserve from Best Buy and I called Apple just to make sure that I could return it to them because of all these known issues with cosmetics. They told me I had to return it to Best Buy. If you get different information be sure to let us know!

3. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

That is correct and that's why I would recommend the BB route.

4. Built macrumors 68020

Go to Best Buy and make them exchange it. You don't want to claim this under Applecare (assuming you have it). If you don't have Applecare, the Apple Store will just direct you back to Best Buy.

5. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

i bought mine at Bb as well and have had a bunch of issues. They said i cant return it to them until they fulfill all of their pre orders. im going to the apple store tonight to see what they say...... :mad:

6. Firesign3394 macrumors regular

You have 30 days to return or exchange it so just keep checking their inventory to do an exchange. Or just buy a case, it's going to scratch eventually.