Phone issues I've experienced

johnothy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
I've had several problems since I got the iPhone 5 (Verizon) on Friday.
The battery didn't last through the day today on 4G LTE. Siri works but freezes up a lot. Tonight, texts will just hang and say sending for 1-2 minutes. Some texts will not go through and say message send failure immediately and I try to resend them 2 or 3 times and they might eventually go OR it tells me they didn't go but they really did since a friend will respond to it.

Web pages don't load and the wheel just spins at times and nothing happens. I tried watching a YouTube video earlier and it threw and error and wouldn't load so I just gave up and borrowed my friend's iPhone 4 to watch it. I'm about ready to just go back to my iPhone 4 and forget it.

RyanTheGeneral

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Hope you figure it out- going from 4 to the 5 must be nice but it sucks to have problems off the bat. I would say not to give up on it- I happen to use Siri a lot - so I believe the first reply is correct might be some network problems with the phone.

johnothy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
Yeah I'm hoping things improve with the phone, but at least I have 14 days to return it if necessary. I like the speed of 4G, but if the phone can even get through a day with it turned on, then 3G is good enough for me.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
Sounds like verizon problems. I don't have any of those problems on AT&T LTE in my area. My battery easily lasts me the whole day. although our uses vary I'm sure.