Phone not notifying messages? late messages? worth a new device?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBillups1, Aug 13, 2013.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

my brothers phone has been acting up. its only about 2 months old. its an iphone 5 and lately his phone wont even vibrate or anythign to let him know he has a new message. he actually ends up getting messages way later too at times. same thing with phone calls, it wont even pop up on the main screen that he has a missing call.

how do you explain this to the apple genius? what will they do to figure it out? will he get a new phone?

thanks

2. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

he should restore to factory settings first. if it is a software problem (and it sounds like one) this should fix it.

if not, he needs to visit the "genius" people over at the apple store.

if the issue happens frequently it should not be a problem to replicate. just send him a few test emails or messages whilst you both are at the store.

EDIT: of course i am assuming he has notification services turned ON and he has rebooted the device as a first measure.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Mine has been doing this too... but I recently installed iOS7. I assumed that had something to do with it. WHen I notice it "activing up" a reboot fixes it... for a while.

4. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

I had this issue recently on my IP5 with iOS7 B5

Solved it by clearing all the apps in the multitask dock and hard reboot fixed it.
    (Power + Home button beyond the Apple logo boot)

5. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1