Phone only notification

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I'm heading on vacation shortly. I want to keep my iPhone on at night and receive only phone call rings. What's the best was to setup the notifications? Sadly there's no notification profiles like the blackberry.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
If you buy the "pushmail" app you can set up sound profiles for your email. And make it go silent at night. I don't know an easy way to turn off the text message sounds unfortunately, without doing it manually every day.

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
If you buy the "pushmail" app you can set up sound profiles for your email. And make it go silent at night. I don't know an easy way to turn off the text message sounds unfortunately, without doing it manually every day.
Wouldn't it just be easier to turn OFF push notifications at night? Why use a separate app for this?

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Wouldn't it just be easier to turn OFF push notifications at night? Why use a separate app for this?
Easier? No. You can set pushmail to AUTOMATICALLY turn off notifications. For all people, a few, have different times for different days of the week...
Sure you can go into notifications every night and turn it off, and then hope you remember to turn it back on... Pushmail does this all for you.
It also allows you to SET unique sounds for different folks. And then theres the PUSH part...

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Can't you just turn off data, so the phone will only accept income calls?
Never though of that - turning off Cellular Data. Probably the easiest way. I don't want to install another app.

Last edited:

/user/me

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Never though of that - turning off Cellular Data. Probably the easiest way. I don't want to install another app.
That won't disable all of your other notifications, (text, email if you're on wifi, ect.). If you go to settings->notifications you can disable everything from there, so that if you get a text, nothing will happen until you unlock your phone and read the message - no alert, notification center bar - nothing.

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
That won't disable all of your other notifications, (text, email if you're on wifi, ect.). If you go to settings->notifications you can disable everything from there, so that if you get a text, nothing will happen until you unlock your phone and read the message - no alert, notification center bar - nothing.
With just turning off Notification, or do I have to disable each one? I want a simple solution.