Phone only notification

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whsbuss, Jan 16, 2012.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I'm heading on vacation shortly. I want to keep my iPhone on at night and receive only phone call rings. What's the best was to setup the notifications? Sadly there's no notification profiles like the blackberry.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Can't you just turn off data, so the phone will only accept income calls?

3. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

If you buy the "pushmail" app you can set up sound profiles for your email. And make it go silent at night. I don't know an easy way to turn off the text message sounds unfortunately, without doing it manually every day.

4. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Wouldn't it just be easier to turn OFF push notifications at night? Why use a separate app for this?

5. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Easier? No. You can set pushmail to AUTOMATICALLY turn off notifications. For all people, a few, have different times for different days of the week...
    Sure you can go into notifications every night and turn it off, and then hope you remember to turn it back on... Pushmail does this all for you.
    It also allows you to SET unique sounds for different folks. And then theres the PUSH part...

6. whsbuss, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012

whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Never though of that - turning off Cellular Data. Probably the easiest way. I don't want to install another app.

7. /user/me macrumors 6502

That won't disable all of your other notifications, (text, email if you're on wifi, ect.). If you go to settings->notifications you can disable everything from there, so that if you get a text, nothing will happen until you unlock your phone and read the message - no alert, notification center bar - nothing.

8. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

With just turning off Notification, or do I have to disable each one? I want a simple solution.

9. /user/me macrumors 6502

You'll have to go through individually. I just did it and it took about 15 seconds.

10. whsbuss thread starter macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I can do it in 2 steps: Cellular Data = off, WiFi = off

11. /user/me macrumors 6502

Then you still get texts, but if that works for you, by all means go for it. :)