phone reboots during facetime after 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SoIsays, Nov 11, 2011.

1. SoIsays macrumors regular

I did an over the air update today on the 4S and the battery life was very good. It was 60% 12hrs laters after light usage. However, I was facetiming tonight with an iphone that didn't have the new update, and after 3-5 minutes, the phone auto-rebooted itself. I thought it was a one-off but it rebooted itself four more times. Sometimes the reboot happened as fast as 5 seconds after connecting to facetime. I ended up just talking over the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. SoIsays thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Ok, it rebooted itself each time you were using facetime or did it just reboot during facetime once?
    The title says during facetime, so I'm apt to believe that its rebooting only when you use facetime.
    I did the OTA update to 5.01 and have used facetime several times already with no problems at all.
    Have you thought of doing a restore as new?

4. SoIsays thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Yeah it rebooted each time I connected on FaceTime. I guess no one else has had problems so far. If I happens again I'll just have to try restore.