Phone said will update between 3-5am

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
my phone just popped up will update between 3-5am I don't want it to update. As I want to stay on my 10.3.1 for future jailbreak. How do I make it not update?

chilman

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
What version ios do you have? It will always pop with the reminder message, you can click cancel or do not plug in your iphone when you sleep at night. If you forget it may update but if it is unplug to the charger, it will abort the update.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Go to Settings -> iTunes & App Stores -> uncheck Updates.

Go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage -> tap and delete the iOS update file.
The second part is useful and should stop the update from installing or prompting to install.

The first part won't really do anything when it comes to iOS updates (it's there mainly for app updates essentially).

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
What version ios do you have? It will always pop with the reminder message, you can click cancel or do not plug in your iphone when you sleep at night. If you forget it may update but if it is unplug to the charger, it will abort the update.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
my phone just popped up will update between 3-5am I don't want it to update. As I want to stay on my 10.3.1 for future jailbreak. How do I make it not update?
Delete the update from your storage as was suggested in an earlier post and that should prevent it from installing.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I had no idea that Apple can force an update on your device.
They can download it automatically, but not install it, for that the user at some point has to agree to do it (from some prompt that iOS might pop-up, for example, or something like that).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.