iPhone Phone stuck in portrait mode back from iOS 9 beta 1 when I used the mute switch for rotation lock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wildonrio, Oct 19, 2015.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

I turned my mute switch into rotation lock on beta 1. Now that option has been removed but my phone remains in portrait. It still shows the lock and unlock pop up when I toggle the switch but it's always stuck in portrait no matter what I do. Is there a jailbreak solution to fix this? Looks like my iCloud backup is hosed.

2. SBA macrumors member

No idea if it helps (though this thread helped me), but I couldn't get my hardware mute switch to work properly at all - toggling it did nothing.

I just turned on, via Control Center, rotation lock, then switched it back off, and now my mute switch works. Saved me a trip to the Apple Store.

This is with an iPhone 6S Plus, and I am not running any beta, just the official 9.1 release.

3. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. What it turned out to be was Notate. I thought it was just locking the springboard in portrait but it was actually locking the whole phone in portrait. Once I uninstalled that, all was fixed.

To delete the mute switch as rotation lock option, I just reset all settings. Simple.