Phoned apple sales, here's what they offered with education discount

thedon1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I'm in the UK and wanted the imac with the higher education discount. Unfortunately you have to be on campus to order and i am not.

I decided to phone and see what they offered.

1) Base imac 21.5 - Normally £999 - £878.90
2) Ipod touch - £130 rebate
3) Printer - £70 rebate
4) Appe care - £44 (3 years)

So after rebates it's £962 for an imac, ipod touch, Wireless printer and Applecare.

seems like a good deal to me.

CampDavid

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
Pretty much. The educational discount is fairly awesome, that's pretty much the kit I'm ordering though I'm awaiting a new credit card (12 months of Interest free too then)

nataliamck

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
I'm in the UK and wanted the imac with the higher education discount. Unfortunately you have to be on campus to order and i am not.

I decided to phone and see what they offered.

1) Base imac 21.5 - Normally £999 - £878.90
2) Ipod touch - £130 rebate
3) Printer - £70 rebate
4) Appe care - £44 (3 years)

So after rebates it's £962 for an imac, ipod touch, Wireless printer and Applecare.

seems like a good deal to me.
That's awesome. I'll need to phone them to as I won't be on campus until the end of September and I want it now! :D

What info do they need from you over the phone so I can have it all ready?

Also, this is the first time I've done this so how do the rebates work?

cmellis

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
Don't bother with Applecare - education purchases come with an extended 3 year warranty and all you get by paying is the phone support.

thedon1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
That's awesome. I'll need to phone them to as I won't be on campus until the end of September and I want it now! :D

What info do they need from you over the phone so I can have it all ready?

Also, this is the first time I've done this so how do the rebates work?
He just askedfor my normal details, name address etc to give me a qoute, nothing student realted.

He said to prove i was a student he needed a scan of my student ID

tturland

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2007
He just askedfor my normal details, name address etc to give me a qoute, nothing student realted.

He said to prove i was a student he needed a scan of my student ID
You can also show your student ID if you go to an Apple retail store and they'll give you the discount then

glxyjones

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Don't bother with Applecare - education purchases come with an extended 3 year warranty and all you get by paying is the phone support.
Is this true? Even for an individual education purchase (one that's not going to be used in an actual school)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.