Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I ordered mine when pre-orders first started and got 3-4 weeks delivery time. Are they being manufactured/assembled or are they just waiting to be packed and shipped ?

Lylyluvda916

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Probably being made in the factory as preparing to ship means that it's ready and being prepared for shipment.

It's safe to assume that once you're charged you're phone is ready.

circa7

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
It means nothing is happening. You're "in line" so to speak.

Which actually is kind of unfair, I have friends who ordered after me and they have received their phones (exactly the same as my order). You'd think it would be first come first serve, but apparently it isn't.

----------

This is the exact phone I ordered, placed 9:00am on 9/12 and its still processing. I wouldnt care, except I now have two friends who told me they ordered late that day or on the 13th through Apple.com and they have both received their devices (same color, size, plus models). So either they are lying or it isn't first come first serve and orders are filled randomly. I'm really just curious.

Carolina blue

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
NC
I know with the iphone 5 there was a website that you could enter in your phone information and it would tell you down to the exact week it was produced and mine was produced while my order was processing so more than likely the phone you are going to get either hasn't been started yet or it isn't fully assembled yet and is just finishing up in the next couple of days.

CUHATIN

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2012
It means nothing is happening. You're "in line" so to speak.

Which actually is kind of unfair, I have friends who ordered after me and they have received their phones (exactly the same as my order). You'd think it would be first come first serve, but apparently it isn't.

----------

This is the exact phone I ordered, placed 9:00am on 9/12 and its still processing. I wouldnt care, except I now have two friends who told me they ordered late that day or on the 13th through Apple.com and they have both received their devices (same color, size, plus models). So either they are lying or it isn't first come first serve and orders are filled randomly. I'm really just curious.

yeah whole thing is a joke

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.