Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
@BrianBaughn

One more thought, can you re-select your soundcard in the output preferences pane of Phonix? I mean if it seems selected, please reselect it to try.

Sometimes I noticed default output devices do not get set correctly. Setting the device by clicking on it could solve the problem

Can you try and report back please?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If I choose my Built-In audio out it plays. Then, while it's playing and I switch to the M-Track Plus, it plays through that.

I may have gotten it to play through the M-Track first once but it seems to crash most every time.

Note: My M-Track shows up twice on the list. Once with a sample rate of 44100 and the other with both 44100 and 48000.

Thom75

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Aylesbury, UK
Hi Vivo,

Is there any extra step to make SHOUTcast working?

I'm getting connecting error everytime.

Kind Regards
Thom
Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 16.20.27.png

Reactions: JackRoch

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
I think there is maintenance or ddos or ssl migration as I noticed just yet https started working

new phonix update will be out soon but the connection error is not on my side

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Hi I've made a new Phonix v3 build 48 : https://phonix.nl.eu.org

- implemented a 2nd radiostation search via Cute Radio API.

SHOUTcast is down all day. I think maintenance so as an alternative you can now use another search for internet radio stations.

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Hello

Phonix 3 build 51 is online : https://phonix.nl.eu.org

Xcode 9 source is there too, though without the Phonix SHOUTcast API key so you need your own.

This will be the last Phonix update for the moment. It's feature complete and works stable.

If fixes are necessary in the future I will fix them but for the moment I am going to focus on other projects.

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

edparis

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2018
Phonix 5b2 is updated at https://phonix.nl.eu.org

- uses even less cpu now. 1.7% for wav, 1% for flac/mp3
- more fixes

Hey vivo.

i recently updated my MB to High Sierra. Was using Cog for a few years but it ain't working anymore. Found Phonix via Google 2 Weeks ago. Downloaded it, but i keep having problems with the player. Even with Phonix v5. It keeps crashing every other 20 minutes, playing songs without the right waveform, skipping single tunes etc.

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Hi Ed,

Hm, I never had those things. I assume you copied Phonix to /Applications ?

- try:
Code:
defaults delete org.vs.Phonix
in a terminal when Phonix is not running/open
- try: delete the Phonix folder in ~/Music/Phonix

If this does not work can you send me a crashlog? So I can try to figure out what is causing it.

Thom75

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
Aylesbury, UK
Hi Vivo,

I have to say, I love what you have done with v5. I currently using 5b2 as CPU meter seem pointless for me and if this is only difference I' may stay with it for while. I tried v5b4 however and noticed that in Preferences/Output Samplerate is gone.
I haven't try deleting settings so far, but on v5b2 samplerate is just fine.

Can you change sorting order to "folder first" or add this as option in settings? Perhaps on/off switch for CPU meter like for other stuff you done.

Update:
Just now Phonix stopped on beginning of new song. But I can describe what exactly I've done.
1. Double clicked on artist folder 1 song and 1 album, all flac.
2. After listening to about half of playlist right click and add artist folder 5 albums mp3 320k.
Phonix stopped on begging of first mp3 song about 2 flac songs later. Having problem with mp3 or changing albums? All files are on ntfs partition, however in the past I tried to play from hfs+ and it stopped to.

Thanks
Thom

Last edited:

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Can you try disable GAPLESS playback and see if it makes any differences on crashing?

Mandaris

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2018
Can you try disable GAPLESS playback and see if it makes any differences on crashing?
It seams to be more stable. But sometimes, it's crashing randomly when I try to click and play a new file from a playlist. I added two new crash logs to the link above.
Thank you for this awesome player!

vivo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2015
Thanks for the compliment.

Sorry to hear about the crashes. I'll investigate on the decoders.

Is this on 10.11, 10.12 of 10.13 ?

Edit: I see something goes wrong on your system with metadata. Is it possible to send a song to me? Is this mp3?
[doublepost=1517302030][/doublepost]O by the way, if you have .cue files in the your song folder (the one you dragged and played) it can also go wrong.

Phonix uses SFBAudioEngine from S.Booth but .cue files are not working correctly with this engine and I do not know yet how to fix. But personally I don't use .cue files so for me it's not a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.