Photo shows American flags crumpled up on Hillary HQ floor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Feb 9, 2016.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's just a flag. It's not like they've abandoned a new born baby

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    HAHA! COOL! I LAUGH BECAUSE I'M A CONSERVATIVE'S IDEA OF A LIBERAL STEREOTYPE!

4. nfl46 macrumors 603

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Apparently, some Clinton staffers don't know flag etiquette. Other than that, what have we got?

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Nothing surprising, Hillary is a classless dolt.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Seriously? You think Hillary Clinton was like "mwhahahahah," and threw the flag on the ground. Some staffer, probably a 22-year old kid working for free because he's hoping to use his Political Science degree and maybe run for office one day, set the flag down to find some hooks to hang it.

But, the right wing, always looking for easy symbols over substance, with latch on this like a hungry vampire bat.

8. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

Reminds me a bit of what happened after 9/11, when suddenly half the country put flags on their cars to show their patriotism. A few months later, most of those flags were wind whipped and tattered and the army of highway patriots couldn't be bothered to care for them.

Of course the flag code says that "the flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning". I tried telling somebody once that they should burn their tattered flag and it didn't go well.

I find that when people get puffed up about the flag it's mostly empty bluster. "I love my country so much I have a flag on my car so people know I'm a real American. You can't see it right now, because I haven't washed the car for a while, but it's there-- because I love this country more than you."

9. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Abandon a new-born baby?! When they could sell it to organ harvesters for a profit? Not Hillary's team!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 9, 2016 ---
    It's a metaphor for why we shouldn't put Libs/Dems in charge of our military. They don't honor the institution or what it stands for.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

11. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So some political science type stepped away for just a second, and in that instant, Breitbart's team of nefarious undercover agents snapped a photo. Is that how you see it?

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

^^ Well, no, but there's no reason a flamimg right winger couldn't have dropped a flag on the floor and popped a pic of it. You think her campaign hasn't been infiltrated? Seriously are you an upstanding rightie or not? :p

(tries to wasteland thread, how'm I doin'?)

13. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

It's more like confirmation bias.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Is that Republican for "Libs/Dems won't use their kids as cannon fodder for the profits of the military industrial complex"?

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

It's a metaphor, not a peer-reviewed paper.
    Not quite. It's more that Libs/Dems will use our kids as cannon fodder, and then ignore their sacrifices while seizing defeat from the jaws of victory.

16. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well I don't see anything in the Washington post about this so is it really real? looks to me just something to get the dogs barking a fake squirrel

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama has no problem using those kids

18. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Obama is a poser liberal who revealed himself to be a center-right corporatist when he got elected.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I hope Bernie wins the nomination. Hillary will do nothing but continue the war

20. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

You see it as a metaphor because it confirms your bias. If it turned out that this picture was taken at a McCain rally, you may not see that metaphor any more. Actually you may not even notice it...

Now that you've said it though, it has me wondering: what does the institution stand for?

21. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

no evidence it was taken anywhere it could be photoshopped. they always ask for proof unless they post it.

22. dec. Suspended

dec.

Assuming that this is not photoshopped or staged or anything (you conspiracy nuts!!!) - it reveals that Hillary's decorators put stuff on the floor to get it ready to be pulled up into position. How crazy is that?!

(ok, so really, is this thread satire or not?)

23. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

No its gods truth just ask no proof needed. It sure did not come from the Washington post.

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The photo is going viral. Tomorrow the entire nation will be discussing how Hillary uses Old Glory as mud room rug.
    image.jpeg

25. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

People are really reaching with this one. Bernie supporter here, but would be the first to defend Hillary over this. How can she possibly be blamed for this flag as if she did it herself?