Photo Viewing App (Like Photos, except w/o Camera Roll and Photo Stream)

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by amphibious, Dec 22, 2013.

1. amphibious, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013

amphibious macrumors member

I'm looking for an app that has similar or identical functionality to Photos or iPhoto where I can hide or remove Camera Roll and Photo Stream.

I'm using my iPad as a digital portfolio. There are no photos in Camera Roll or Photo Stream, those albums take up a decent amount of space and makes people pause for a second because they aren't used to these albums being empty.

I figured since there are tons of copy cat apps for all the stock iOS apps that something out there would exist, but I can't find anything that is simple, free of visual gimmickry, or attached to a paid online service.

Any solutions or suggestions for other apps?

2. Bear macrumors G3

What exactly are you looking to do?

If you don't want people looking at your photos without your permission, you could turn on auto-lock for the iOS device.

There are assorted apps to secure photos on iOS, one of them is oneSafe Photos - is this the type of app you are looking for?

3. amphibious thread starter macrumors member

[​IMG]

I'm not trying to hide the contents of Camera Roll and My Photo Stream, I'm trying to hide the Albums themselves.

My iPad is being used solely as a way to display my portfolio. I am never using it as a camera or as a photo sharing device (all the images are being synced directly from my computer), because of that Camera Roll and My Photo Stream are empty and will always be empty.

As you can see in the screen shot, 2/9 of the fully visible albums on screen are empty (2/8 in landscape mode). This slows down people's interaction with the portfolio, because most people don't organize their photos at all, nor do they sync photos to their device that they didn't take with their device. They are used to tapping the Album in the upper left.

Thanks!

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

So you are looking for an app that will replace the stock photo app that allows you to setup "folders" if you will of items that actually have pictures in them as opposed to having the camera roll icon and my photo stream icon always present with nothing in them. Correct? Basically a photo app without the camera roll and photostream icons.

5. amphibious thread starter macrumors member

Exactly.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Well hopefully someone will be along to help you out. I use the stock app for my photos.

I know there have been several threads about photo/presentation/organizing of photos etc.

Might want to try doing some searches and looking in the threads if nothing pops up here.

Good luck and sorry I couldn't help out more.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn