Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
This plant was literally abuzz with activity the morning before Hurricane Frances was supposed to visit us.

Attachments

• P9041643.jpg
    P9041643.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 484
  • P9041648.jpg
    P9041648.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 313

ballookey

macrumors member
May 2, 2004
I shot this in the spring on a nice, cool, rainy day. MAN I wish it was like that now. It's like a hundred degrees out and as humid as a shower.

Attachments

• ojpoppies.jpg
    ojpoppies.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 325

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
I've never checked out these photography threads before, so here's my first submission. If it looks familiar, that is because it was also my August desktop in the August wallpaper thread.

edit: Added a second picture.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 366
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 423

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Elan0204 said:
I've never checked out these photography threads before, so here's my first submission. If it looks familiar, that is because it was also my August desktop in the August wallpaper thread.

Man, that second pic is great :eek:

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Those are very cool, Elan0204

I've got a few like those

Attachments

• DSCF0569.jpg
    DSCF0569.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0570.jpg
    DSCF0570.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCF0644.jpg
    DSCF0644.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 350

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
outdoors

I like this one.
It reminds me of William Egglestons pictures.

Attachments

• white-car-light.jpg
    white-car-light.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 270

belair

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2004
Luxland
hey al-famous

How do you do put your pictures directly in the thread?
I get this attachement thing wich does not look so good I think.

Thanks

MacMumm

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2003
Oregon
Just a couple of photos I shot while walking around town the other day...

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 244
  • Street-Light.jpg
    Street-Light.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 217

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Cool..

I think I'll weigh in too..

All the shots are from a trip to Iceland in March 2000. All are southeast of Reykjavik.

Attachments

• Iceland1.jpg
    Iceland1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Iceland2.jpg
    Iceland2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 245
  • Iceland3.jpg
    Iceland3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 223

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Elan0204 said:

It looks like that a lot in Clearwater and St. Pete....basically in Tampa Bay...

Anyway so you guys made a new thread after 3 pages!? I was wondering how I wasn't subscribed. Is there any way you can auto subscribe us so we'll know if the thread moves? I didn't get a notice that the last messages had been posted :(

I've been working in the darkroom lately! The only problem is that we have to buy nearly everything except the enlarger and chemicals. I'm suprised (apparently suprise and suprised don't exist in Safari's dictionary :() they don't make us rent the space and pay the water bill! Well, there is one other problem. The people are incompetent. I found fix tongs on the side of the water tank. I see people drop tongs on the water table and attempt to use them again. I see so many stupid things it's amazing. I even see a girl, who's concentration is photography, and, on more than one occasion, she's used developer tongs to push her print down into the stop!

I'm glad I have an hour after class free. It affords me about 15 extra minutes to print. The only problem is I don't know what else they've done to the chemicals while my back was turned :(. I guess this is to be expected in beginning photo. I wish there was a way I could advance, or use some of the grad darkrooms, or get my own darkroom. There's a girl in there who knows all if this stuff already too and I know she's pissed without even having to ask her. What's worse is that our professor has said these things on multiple occasions and they still make these mistakes. I know they're trying but is it really that hard to not put one set of tongs into the a different chemical?

Oh well. As soon as I get to a nice scanner I'll post some pics.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
I've got some of those cloud pics too :) You may have seen this shot on my site or a previous thread. I wouldn't normally post this shot again, but you guys put a bunch of similar ones so here goes:

rays.jpg

It's not as noticeable in the black and white version at this resolution, but there's a bird way the hell up there in one of the rays. Luckily I didn't lose this photo when Apple reformatted my drive :) Someone has requested a version of this for they're desktop, and if they're reading, know I'll be diligently looking for it later on this evening. I'll probably post it to my site in a few flavors, something like 1600x1200 and 1280x854, however I'll be accepting requests if there are any more :)

BTW, Belair, I think that shot would be awesome in B&W! Anyway, to put your pictures directly into the page you have to host them somewhere and then link them like "
", without quotes of course.

EDIT: I'm bored with this three hour gap between classes. Of course I'll be more bored with my completely boring professor with her required class :mad: Anyway, I hope you don't mind Belair, but here's a B&W version (I should've given more contrast to the grass :() of your image....Neut, now it's your turn! :)

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 248
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.