Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superspeed500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
I use iCloud to store all of my photos. Is there a way in the photos app on the Mac to find all images that are not a part of any album (other than the default one). I take some pictures from time to time and I sometimes forget if I put a picture in a album or not. Its impossible to go through all pictures manually to check.

Thanks in advance :)

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Without albums I guess the only way is to scroll and try to find by months / year going with your hunch of when you might have taken the picture. In any storage system you’ll face this issue if you don’t manage the pictures.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I use iCloud to store all of my photos. Is there a way in the photos app on the Mac to find all images that are not a part of any album (other than the default one). I take some pictures from time to time and I sometimes forget if I put a picture in a album or not. Its impossible to go through all pictures manually to check.

Thanks in advance :)

Create a smart album and set the condition to: Album is not any.

Reactions: Superspeed500

Superspeed500

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Create a smart album and set the condition to: Album is not any.

Thanks :) Worked perfectly. I looked into smart albums but never thought about checking out the album option there. I thought that type of option would be in the image option :rolleyes:

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.