Photos app: How can I open/edit a photo in another app (Photoshop)?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by baryon, Apr 11, 2015.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

When you drag and drop a thumbnail in the Photos app onto the Desktop, nothing happens. Same thing if you drag a thumbnail onto any icon in the Dock such as Photoshop.

I am NOT going to go into the library file, Show Package Contents, then navigate through a dozen obscure directories to find the damn file so I can edit it, resize it, save it as a different file type, or do what I want to it.

I can't even upload pictures to Facebook or any other website because you can't drag and drop them into the browser, and neither can you know where the actual file resides on your system. Hell you can't even right click the thumbnail and do a "reveal file in Finder".

So at this time Photos is for viewing and organizing your photos within the app, and that's it? You can't *really* do anything else with them other than the few things listed in the "Share" menu? Am I missing something?

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

You're not missing anything. That Apple removed 'open with external editor' is extremely annoying. Been looking for alternatives myself.