Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdpeters93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Here's what happened:

I jailbroke my phone, and downloaded some theme for it. It said it was respringing, and it ended up getting stuck in a recovery loop. I eventually hit the restore button, and it seemed to work and got my apps and songs and such on there. But all my photos/settings/contacts/sms are ALL gone and I am livid. Please help.

KH8756

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
Here's what happened:

I jailbroke my phone, and downloaded some theme for it. It said it was respringing, and it ended up getting stuck in a recovery loop. I eventually hit the restore button, and it seemed to work and got my apps and songs and such on there. But all my photos/settings/contacts/sms are ALL gone and I am livid. Please help.

You need to recover from "Backup". Right click on your iPhone under "Devices" in iTunes, and click on Revert to Backup. Then select your most recent "Backup", and you are good to go. If you do not see any "Backups", you won't be able to get your contacts back (I'm not 100% sure about this). Now as for your SMS data, I don't think iTunes backs up SMS (again I'm not 100% sure), but you'll have to revert to a Backup to find out. And as far as your photos go, you won't be able to retrieve them (I'm assuming you are talking about your Camera Roll), because Camera Roll pics are not saved to iTunes. However if you have dragged and dropped your pics to your desktop from your iPhone folder, in "My Computer" (if you are on Windows), then they would be on your hard drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.