iPhone Photos Not Syncing Correctly

andylyon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
London
I have a fully up to date MacBook Air running Catalina and an iPhone XR. I have a niggling problem that is really frustrating me.

My photo collection is organised exactly how I want it in photos on my Mac, using dozens of albums.

However, when I sync the photos to my phone all the albums copy over but are populated by roughly only 50% of the photos that should be in each album. Each album also has many duplicates.

I have never used iCloud photos and don’t intend to. I have done a repair of the photos app. I have un-synced all photos and then re-synced, several times, I have wiped and started from new on my phone, each to no avail. Any ideas?

mariah1902

Suspended
Oct 27, 2019
Dhaka, Bangladesh
I have a fully up to date MacBook Air running Catalina and an iPhone XR. I have a niggling problem that is really frustrating me.

My photo collection is organised exactly how I want it in photos on my Mac, using dozens of albums.

However, when I sync the photos to my phone all the albums copy over but are populated by roughly only 50% of the photos that should be in each album. Each album also has many duplicates.

I have never used iCloud photos and don’t intend to. I have done a repair of the photos app. I have un-synced all photos and then re-synced, several times, I have wiped and started from new on my phone, each to no avail. Any ideas?
I use X, recently I wanted to change and upgrade my phone to 11 then what I did was tried to backup all my photos to my I tunes with the help of my pc. The photos did not moved to my pc. I never had this issue. Now I guess with IOS 13 these issue are coming up. What to do ?.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.