Photos: resoring from a back-up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Sep 18, 2012.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

On my current iPhone, I have 700+ photos in the camera roll and about 15 albums.

When I get the iPhone 5 and set-up from an old backup file, will it place all my photo albums on the new phone or will it only place all my photos in the camera roll on my phone, making me re-create albums?

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Whatever is on your current phone should replicate on your new phone. That includes all your settings, texts, call history, etc...everything.

3. richpuer macrumors 6502

yea, but what about photos? im curious to know this as well...itunes has a seperate sync photo feature, not sure if supposed to do somthing there

4. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

If for some reason all of the photos and albums that are synced from iTunes do not come back, they will the next time you sync. When you restore a device from the backup, it literally treats the new device as the old, right down to the name. As such, the connection with iTunes is re-established as it was and will perform as it did in the past.

5. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

this

with icloud only your camera roll will be restored but with itunes backup & restore you should get albums as well