Photos taken can be pretty big - Best way to message them?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozshadow, Nov 3, 2011.

1. ozshadow macrumors regular

When you take a photo, it can be quite large. Anyone know of an easy way to downsize it quickly for sending in a text message to someone?

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

The phone does that automatically. It will send full resolution files via iMessage on WiFi, otherwise it reduces the quality/filesize for MMS (or iMessage over 3G).

3. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

so far i have about a 90% FAILURE rate when imessaging pics over 3g. am i missing a setting somewhere?

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I've had pretty good success iMessaging photos over 3G however it does sometimes fail when I try to send a bunch of photos at the same time.

Regarding your settings, the only one I can think of that you'd need to enable (other than iMessage, obviously) is MMS and you clearly have that enabled if you have at least a 10% success rate when iMessaging photos. Perhaps it's the recipient of your iMessages that has a poor connection?

5. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

well its happened for multiple recepients... on one after it failed i selected send as mms and it went though. it just seems like imessage doesn't adjust the file size as much as mms or something... when it does work it takes FOREVER just to send a pic.

6. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Gotcha. I do experience some sort of failure rate but not 90%. Have you tried restoring your phone and setting up as new to see if the problem persists?

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

is this the 4 or 4S?? I never have issuses with iMessage and sending pics

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

As part of my work I send 10-15 images a day over the AT&T 3G network and have not seen but maybe one last week I had to resend.

9. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

my problem was with the 4s... sounds like its just me :( i actually returned that phone and had to order through at&t cause they screwed up my eligibility so maybe it'll be better with my new one. if i ever get it :rolleyes: