Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgsarch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
So I just opened the CS3 System Info out of curiousity.

------

Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.2
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:23, Stepping:6 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Physical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3221 MHz
Built-in memory: 10240 MB

------

I ordered a 2.8Ghz Mac Pro from Amazon.

About This Mac sees 2.8Ghz.

What's going on!? I got all excited that I was shipped the wrong model .... haha

scottydawg

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
So I just opened the CS3 System Info out of curiousity.

------

Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.2
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:23, Stepping:6 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Physical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3221 MHz
Built-in memory: 10240 MB

------

I ordered a 2.8Ghz Mac Pro from Amazon.

About This Mac sees 2.8Ghz.

What's going on!? I got all excited that I was shipped the wrong model .... haha

Mine says the same thing and I have 3.0 setup... hmmm

mgsarch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Mine says the same thing and I have 3.0 setup... hmmm

I just noticed something else funny. Actually, I don't how funny I think this is. Both Illustrator and Photoshop, probably the whole suite only see 3GB of my 10GB ram. Photoshop sees the full 10gb but will only let me allocate 3GB. Also while sifting through the illy system info I saw this:

Version: 41.78
System Architecture: PowerPC
Built-In Memory: 2047 MB

P.S.
If you ever need your serial without digging up the info photoshop shows it in the system info. Illy seems to cut off the last 4 digits- weird.

Adobe is weird. I wonder where they pull the data for this.

mgsarch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I just noticed something else funny. Actually, I don't how funny I think this is. Both Illustrator and Photoshop, probably the whole suite only see 3GB of my 10GB ram. Photoshop sees the full 10gb but will only let me allocate 3GB. Also while sifting through the illy system info I saw this:

Version: 41.78
System Architecture: PowerPC
Built-In Memory: 2047 MB

P.S.
If you ever need your serial without digging up the info photoshop shows it in the system info. Illy seems to cut off the last 4 digits- weird.

Adobe is weird. I wonder where they pull the data for this.

Just to clarify- This is an INTEL 2.8GHZ 8-core MP. Somewhere in there I saw it said my system is 32-bit also. That might explain the 3GB ram but still ... WTF adobe ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.