Photoshop CS6 choppy on maxed out 2013 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by forgetcolor, Dec 26, 2013.

1. forgetcolor macrumors member

New 15" rMBP (fully maxed on specs). Just installed CS6 and was playing with Photoshop. On a simple file (4MB jpg), I'm finding that simple things, like brightness/contrast adjustments, are sluggish to display. In other words, if I grab the slider for brightness and drag it, either slow or fast, the updates in response are chunky, not showing a smooth gradation.

What's up? This machine should be able to kill on PS. I tried some different settings in the Performance settings of PS, but don't see any difference. I started on 1680x1050 but then tried it at the 'best' setting with the same results.

My 2010 MBP was more responsive than this is. I'm fully updated on CS6, but do I have to upgrade to the cloud version to get decent performance? Any other tips?

2. ooans macrumors 6502

Photoshop CC also runs sluggish on my full specced(except 500gig ssd) 15" rMBP. Zooming in/out especially.

However, I also have lag with Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X.

(See my thread about this issue if interested: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1687721

In the thread some people claim that the reason is that 750M (or Iris Pro) simply aren't fast enough to run the retina screen snappily, while others claim it is a hardware malfunction.)