Photosmart 3140 with 2TB of storage

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tallest Skil, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay, I have an HP Photosmart 3140 plugged into my iMac through USB. It has a multi-card reader built in. When I put the 2GB CompactFlash card from our digital camera in there to extract the images, it was not recognized outside of Disk Utility, which saw it as having two terabytes of storage.

Have companies been cheating us this whole time? :p

How should I go about getting these pictures off? Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Anyone? It's like this:

CompactFlash in Photosmart 3140. Photosmart 3140 USB straight to iMac. I also have all of the crappy HP software on it, for what that's worth.

3. kgarchar macrumors 6502

I once had a 2TB iPod.

The HD failed, which was why I had the 2TB

4. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Incredibly unhelpful. This is an error in the way Disk Utility sees the formatting. I don't want to reformat it, as that'll get rid of my pictures.

It's my graduation. I'd kind of like to keep them.

5. kolax macrumors G3

If you put the flash card back into your camera, can you view all the photos correctly?

I've had problems with HP Software (it really is so badly designed) on my Mac with my HP Photosmart F2180. I had to install the software to get the scanner to communicate properly, and the software lags, stalls all the time.

Check the HP website and see if their software is all up to date.

Also, as a precaution, I'd see if any of your mates have card readers and try get the photos off theirs first, just incase something is wrong with the card reader and it ends up destroying your photos.